1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with new gfx card...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Clog|Mordain, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    Just upgraded my gfx card, I even downloaded the most up to date drivers... and it runs everything but the damned classic client perfect. When i am using the CC it feels like i am running around with 400ms ping or something.

any help?
  2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    See if reducing your pc's desktop resolution (I am referring to the one under the pc's display settings, not uo's resolution) and colour depth makes it better.

If so, your resolution is so high that the card do not have enough free video RAM for the CC. You'll have to live with a lesser pc screen rez.
  3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    Out of interest, What is the CPU usage with 2d?

I also cannot play the 2d client, My CPU goes to 99%. However using the EC client, It stays at around 60%.
  4. Babble

Babble Guest

Tried it in XP compatibility mode?
    If all else fails try the new client