1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

problem with stealing

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Touzoko, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I logged on this morning as is usual habit. I attempted to gain some skill points but was unsuccessful. Snooping worked as it normally works. But the stealing did not. The curse came up for targeting, but then attempting to steal was fruitless. Nothing. I even went and found a guildmaster, to ensure that I was indeed still in guild. Yes. Macro was working- curse came up to make proper stealing. Yet when the attempt was made nothing at all occurred, and it eventually dissipated. I am not understanding this.
    Please I would like to know if any other thief is experiencing this.

2. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Same here, bottles, nothing, tubs, nothing.....gold....odd thing going on with it, serious bug.

3. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Could you give more details as to what you were trying to steal from? Facet? Any other details...

4. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

sent ya a pm on it.

5. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Is this in regards to stealing training gains? I stole a pretty bracelet this morning, so I can say that my stealing macros are working (then again, I've been at 120 stealing for about 5 years, lol)...la

6. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I am playing siege perilous. My stealing is at the 120 level. Yet this morning I could not steal anything, of any weight, from any one.

7. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Maybe your just getting old. :)
    Lol.

8. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, yes, you are no doubt correct. I much to old to be stealing, so very true.
    I will check on this though, just to be certain. My stealth training is almost complete. I will keep my peeled eye looking for Gil members to practice on.

9. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Too old? LOL, so what is the thief retirement age? Hope it's not too young seeing that I'm 39, lol...la

10. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ah, thank all the kami, I am NOT to old. At least, not to old to steal from your guildmates swappy and bea on fire isle. Thank you for your concern- but I seem to be ok.