1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with stealth, please help.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nickster, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Hi there,
    My stealth is at around 60 but even when i sucseed i auto reveal as soon as i move... anyone else had this?? i have tried naked, clothed, horny, sombre... but still nothing

any ideas?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you haven't got 'always run' on by any chance?

3. Nickster

Nickster Guest

not to my knowledge, i can walk around at normal speed so i am guessing not...

4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Hmm i havent had a problem with stealth (just GM'd Hiding woot!!!)

The only thing i can think of is that the auto run is on (but even then you should still get 8tiles before you reveal.)

5. Naitachal_SP

Naitachal_SP Guest

maybe you have an ingrown toenail?

6. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

what are ur hiding and stealth skill levels?

7. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

what are you wearing?

8. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

What is your hiding? It is checked every time there is a stealth check (outside your own home or a friend's).

GM hiding is a must for a stealther.

9. Nickster

Nickster Guest

I have 68 hiding and 58 stealth (with rat form), i get the message " you begin to move quietly" then as soon as i move i reveal.... i am equped with a burglars bandana, a bracelet and a piece of pig iron taped inside my leg under my newbie pants..... and a robe, and a blessed ninja belt...

could be an ingrowing toenail i guess but i had my toes removed to make for a lighter step

10. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Work hiding to GM then do stealth

11. Nickster

Nickster Guest

surely i can use it beforehand though, i don't seem to fail hiding all that often... just when i am relying on not failing lol.

and reveal as soon as i take one step... can't be right, i seen peoples episodes with same skill as mine and they using stealth... might page a GM and see what go on.

12. Petra Fyde

you have ninja? If yes, try gate jumps. Go through a gate, shadow jump to the stone ring, back again, next gate. You *should* gain both ninja and stealth that way. I did, but I was on a prodo shard.

13. Hattori Hanzo

My point is, your stealth and hiding both get checked every time you stealth. I promise you, you cannot effectively use stealth until you are at minimum a master of hiding. You can't rely upon it until you are GM. You may not like it, but that is the down and dirty truth.

14. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I disagree... I run a necro / mage on Atlantic with 30 hiding ( min required to use stealth ) and 70 stealth. I cast invisibility on myself and stealth away, the only trouble is that I'm on the invisibility timer while stealthing... but only 100 skill points spent to do it.

Of course I couldnt expect to be able to shadow jump with that set up, but I'm not a ninja.

15. Hattori Hanzo

Oh I thought this was the Siege Perilous forum... my bad.

Try that here and let me know how it works for you. It does not work too well for the guy that started this thread.

16. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Touche'

17. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I run 80/80 so I think you need 80 hiding min to do stealth here. (perhaps 78)

Lorddog

18. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes I believe that's correct. Get your hiding up or wear a +hiding ring, then try stealthing.

19. DaveSP!

DaveSP! Visitor

I don't suppose your actively pressing the stealth skill rather than just hiding then walking are you?

20. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Im so happy you are now part of the siege community, looking forward to seeing how long you stick around, it is a great place!!!

THE BEST PLACE ON EA TO PLAY!!! ITS LIKE OLD SCHOOL UO WITH TONS OF PEOPLE TO FIGHT, I LOVE SIEGE!!!

Make a template like this if youd like to compete.

120 taming (go tame the best greater dragon you can find)
    120 lore
    100 hide (say all guard me before hiding and while hidden I believe you can still attack someone with your pet when you double click them)
    80 stealth
    120 vet (get enhanced bandages and set up a uoa macro for ur greater dragon to auto bandage. And as I said ICQ me and I will show you how to set it up if you dont know how to do it yourself)
    120 ninja (buy as many smoke bombs as you can and prepare a smokebomb macro)
    60 magery ( bless something you can obtain +10-20 magery with so you can gate around. you may fail a few times but its better than walking.)

If you have anymore questions on how to play an assasin pvp/pvm tamer let me know, it is all around your best bet. Even the worst of the worst pvper has a good chance to win. I love it personally because it allows a fair playing field for the less skilled pvper. My ICQ is 310357344 or shoot me a pm if you got any questions.

Siege is the best ;)

21. Nickster

Nickster Guest

yes, i am pressing stealth, i get the message you begin to move quietly, then as soon as i try take a step i just reveal, if i hide then just walk again i auto reveal before i have even taken the forst step. do you not need to press the stealth key any longer? if i don't press it it simply doesn't check the skill. no fail notice and just reveals, when i press stealth i get a message and usually a gain in stealth but before the first stoep is complete i am revealed!

22. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Hmmm this is an iteresting problem...

Since coming over here i have had not problems with stealth or hiding(except failing when least opertune lol)

Maybe you should report it as a bug and/or call a gm ingame.

Sounds like you are doing nothing wrong, you dont need to actively use stealth anymore movement should engage stealth.

When you try and walk once hidden do you get a message at all, say you fail to move unnoticed?

23. Nickster

Nickster Guest

No nothing, i just get revealed, no messages!
    i paged a GM he said go check the codex so i called him a ****** and he said to report as a bug but i wouldn't get any communication regarding it!

24. Nickster

Nickster Guest

is there a min hiding / stealth skill you have to have?

thanks

25. Nickster

Nickster Guest

I have reported it as a bug on the UO web page. how long you think it will take to sort it out, its killing my char!

26. RichDC

RichDC Guest

You need a minimum of 80(or 60)hiding on prodo shards i believe, dont think its the same on siege,

with 75stealth you are 100%success rate at stealthing.

27. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Hazard a guess and say it never will lol...

Have you tried shadow jumping after activating the stealth skill manually?

28. Nickster

Nickster Guest

My ninjutsu still not trained enough to try a shadow jump but i will, perhaps that will reset the skill or something?

29. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

The requirement used to be 50 hiding to be able to begin training stealth, they lowered it to 30.

If you try to train stealth before you have 30 hiding, you will get the message, " become better at hiding before attempting to stealth"...o ro somethng to that affect.

When training stealth, you have to hide, then actively press the stealth button on the skill list ( or make a macro to press it ) up until stealth skill 25, once you reach 25, you can just begin to walk, and it will automatically begin stealth for you.

75 may be 100% success rate ( in 20 str requirement armor ), but 80 stealth will allow you to use the 'shadow strike' special move, which is VERY nice in sticky situations.

30. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Cheers Nightstalker, is that 25 real skill or can in include other stuff, i have bandana, brace/ring and rat form, so well over 25 modified skill.

31. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Very good call on the shadow strike,

the mage weap doesnt work as weapon skill for that though right?

32. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Does that have to be 25 real skill? i am relying on jewls/bandana/animal form for higher stealth to aid training, unsure if my real is over 25.... would that make a difference? perhaps you can't move a single step lower than 25 real skill perhaps?

thanks
    Nicky

33. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure, it is probably real skill though, and it was probably set at 25 to stop JOAT users from stealthing.

Getting to 25 real skill is easy, and if you have a house or if you are friended to a house, it is even easier, as your hiding skill is as effective as 100 hiding while in the house, so you can work on training stealth without having to worry about failing your hiding check.

Once you do hit 25 real skill, you'll stop getting the .2 - .4 gains per success, and you'll start getting .1 per, but at least you wont have to press that damned button anymore. ;)

34. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

I dont know, honestly. Chad Sexington should be able to tell you, he runs a mage weapon -20 skill, but I dont know if he has tactics on his template to test it.

I don't *THINK* it works with mage weapons, and thats why I dont want to go that route, I'd rather train one skill and use 'Use Best Weapon Skill' weapons to have more variety.

35. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

This is true. I run around with the Swords of Prosperity (zero magery penalty)and 115 magery. They come in handy for dealing low level damage, and allowing a few swings to miss, but none of the weapon
    specials work without tactics...la

36. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Obviously they wouldn't work without tactics... the question is, do they work WITH tactics, seeing as there is no actual weapon skill.

37. Petra Fyde

I believe the answer to that is 'no', but it should be easily checkable on test, use a runic to get a mage weapon. Heck on Test you can even use a val runic :D

38. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

No they don't, you need tactics and weapon skill...la

39. Hattori Hanzo

You can't do any weapon specials without a weapon skill (so the mage weapon won't take care of that requirement). There are two weapon specials that you may do without tactics.

For shadow strike you need the weapon skill and 80 stealth. For infecting you need poisoning and the weapon skill.

40. Hattori Hanzo

As far as I know there is not a +hide skill ring or bracelet.

41. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Thank you everyone!
    I am now working, my modified skill was nice and high but my real skill was less than 25, as soon as i hit 25 i was able to stealth! finally!

thanks for all your help!

42. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

You don't need the poisoning skill for infecting, just a poisoned weapon and 70 skill.

And while not a 'weapon' special, it should be mentioned that you can disarm people with 70 wrestling and no tactics.

43. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I knew that all the wrestle specials require no tactics, and for effective poisoning you require 3skills (weap, tact and poison) i was just wondering wether in terms of Shadow strike mage weaps and stealth would be sufficient, however it appears not.

Thanks.

44. Hattori Hanzo

To be more accurate, the level of poison inflicted by an inffecting strike depends on poisoning skill level.