1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

General Problem with taming Paralithode (New tamable with story arc on Test Center)

Discussion in 'Fixed List' started by Kylie Kinslayer, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am not sure if this is working as designed or not, figured I would report and you decide ;)

1 - When you are trying to tame the Paralithode it burrows underground which breaks the taming attempt.

2 - Once you actually tame the Paralithode and try to leave the area when you get back to the dock it disappears and follower slots go to zero. I tried to take it on land while it was still grey, and tried again with a blue one. Also tried with and without the special suit needed to reach the area where they are. All scenarios got the same result.

Just in case it makes a difference, I play the Classic Client.

2. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

The Paralithode behavior is similar to that of the Trap Door Spider in that they can burrow underground when trying to tame them, an added challenge in trying to tame these elusive sand dwellers.

The Paralithodes are meant to be used only in the area where they spawn. The idea is they provide the tamer with a creature to use in the area since you can't bring other pets into the final boss encounter. The reason being that Greater dragons everywhere makes it difficult to see the boss, the paralithodes do not have this problem.

Kylie Kinslayer and Frarc like this.
  3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That was the response I was fearing lol. Those little buggers are nice tho. Always wanted a pet that made those particular sounds at least now I can have them on a temporary basis.

I appreciate the fast response on it man. You folks have done an outstanding job on this round imo. Not too easy and not TOO hard.... the Goldilocks zone was hit :)

Kyronix likes this.