1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

General Problem with the Special Salvage Hooks

Discussion in 'Fixed List' started by Kylie Kinslayer, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Haven't noticed it until today (trying to slavage that that cool fishing pole) but quite a few of the Special Salvage Hooks are pulling up nothing at all. No sea creatures or anything. Once you toss them out they give the splash and even reveal you if you are hiding (like typical fishing does) but nothing comes up and you do not get a message saying you are unsuccessful etc.

If those type casts are intended then cool.. just didn't know and never had it happen on TC but never tried to cast the number of ones I have been casting now.

2. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

You may be throwing too many at once. I wouldn't do more than five at a time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Nah, I only throw one at a time and get that result. On a rare occasion I may throw a second one.

4. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have the same problem. One hook at a time with about 40% failure rate. I can drop 4 to 5 in a row without getting any mobs. I guess I can accept this if it is by design, but if it isn't, is there a reason we are having this problem? I am tossing my hooks to the north and south off the side of a Tokuno ship.

5. Misk

Misk UO QA Lead
    VIP

This is working as intended. Sometime the hooks will pull up mobs, sometimes they pull up debris and sometimes they will fail to pull anything up at all.

Doubleplay and Kylie Kinslayer like this.
  6. Kylie Kinslayer

Thank you for confirming :)