1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with a home area of mine....

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by mazamotuck, Apr 14, 2009.

1. mazamotuck

mazamotuck Visitor

On my third floor of my home there is a 8x7 area of a room where it won't allow me to go. When standing on the very edge of where it won't allow my character to walk on I'm allowed to place items in the area yet it will not allow me to go in that area what so ever. I've called a GM but waited 2 hours and still didn't get anybody. I've tried customizing it and changing it but it will not work no matter what I do. Any tips or people with similar problems?

I'll attach a pic and highlight what area I'm talking about.

Attached Files:

2. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My first thought is that there is something above you or below you that is impeding movement. Do you have a roof on your house? If roof edges are on the same floor you are, they block movement... other than that I'm clueless!

3. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Maybe the roof tiles from the floor below are blocking movement into that area.

4. mazamotuck

mazamotuck Visitor

I thought the same thing but I saw a house with a similar house design, originally where I got my house design. And that house had the same set up on that particular corner of the plot. Roof below with another floor above. So I visited that home and sure enough you could walk in that area of that home, just not mine. :p

5. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

How long has this been a problem?

6. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

maybe you need to lower the roof tiles below that room a notch or two?

7. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Have you had someone else try to walk in that area? I'd suspect rogue roof tiles, if you've already tried totally shutting UO down and restarting it. Another thing you could try is to change the foundation, this "resets" the plot sometimes.

8. mazamotuck

mazamotuck Visitor

tried that as well. i lowered everything as low as possible.

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe try a different roof style...

10. zorrah

zorrah Guest

I encountered a similar problem during one of my many attempts at building on my newest plot. I was trying to use the leafy roof tiles as decoration around a spiral staircase. Those roof tiles made it so that I could not walk anywhere (I believe on *any* floor) above where I had the leafy roof tiles place. So in other words, you're not crazy. :)

Solution? Trash the entire build and start from scratch. *laughs* Naw, don't follow my lead. but it the source of your problems. I'd try Sarsmi's suggestion of different roof tiles.

11. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Is it the whole area you cant walk on or can you just not cross that line? Try teleporting into various areas to see if the whole area is just effected...

12. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Well you tried to lower it. Now just take out the roof completely and see what happens.

13. mazamotuck

mazamotuck Visitor

I couldn't fix it. I removed the roof, still didn't work. Obviously a glitch of some sort. I just erased that area completely to get past the problem. Thanks for all your responses and help!