1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Origin Store

Discussion in 'UHall' started by TheScoundrelRico, Dec 31, 2014.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
    So I got a few gift cards for Christmas, and the dummy I am, I wanted to buy some of the expansion products for UO on the Origin store with them.

I filled my cart and entered the gift card info. There was plenty of cash on the card so that wasn't an issue with that, but when I tried to cash out, I got an error code (ref. #10048).

I started trying to use this card last night and kept getting this error, I gave it overnight and just tried again.

Has anyone found that Origin isn't interested in taking payments this way? If so, their loss since I was looking at dropping between 50-75 bucks today.

I'd love to hear that the store is having problems or it's due to an operator error, I just think they have issues with VISA gift cards...la
  2. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Aug 19, 2010
    did you go online and put your info on the gift card, i think before some online retailers take those kind of cards, they need a name and address tied to them.
    SpyderBite likes this.
  3. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Jun 30, 2008
    Victim nailed it. The origin store validates the name and zip code registered to a credit/debit card.
    I ran into this problem years ago using prepaid cards on psn. Since then I've always registered all my gift cards on the each cards website. Then I add them to my Google wallet and just use my google wallet debit card for online purchases for gaming.