1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with slasher

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by ReaperNI, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ReaperNI

ReaperNI Guest

My letter in the ask devs section

I would like to purpose some form of cool time on slasher's hailstorm/para attack. Slasher chains these attacks atleast 4 times or more each one resulting in a instant death with no way to defend yourself. currently a well timed pot has a 50/50 of letting you escape redlined. I dont mind the attack but i dont want to see it spamed as much as it is now. Another way if you wanted change it other way would be to remove the paralyzing affect. Rikki does massive dmg which can instantly kill people but since you are able to move its easier to fight. Please take this into consideration many of my friends in game agree that this special is being abused. thank you TYR

Anyone eles agree or disagree or have any suggestions? TYR

2. longshanks

longshanks Guest

we do him regularly in my guild both with a mystic mage group and a sampire group. This effect imho is only annoying to the extent it takes longer to kill him.

Where are u killing him?

I'm not saying we dont die when he does that effect but not to the extent that i'd call for him to be changed. Maybe u need to re access your tactics.

3. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Basically you are asking to make the Slasher of Veils easier to kill. I strongly disagree, because the Slasher is one of the few monsters left in UO that cannot be killed by a solo player.

However, I would like to see monsters be made more dangerous not by just giving them an insane amount of hit points, but rather by makeing their behavior more intelligent. There would be plenty of ways to achieve that.

4. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

there was a thread recently on somebody using a mace-mystic-stone form- etc etc to solo slasher with huge success.

5. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Slasher is fine the way he is... i expect a mosnter of his caliber to be able to do the damage he does, like the stygian dragon who has the same style attack..my wife and i take both down with a few deaths sometimes.We enjoy the challenge of the battle and in turn the slasher enjoys killing us at random :) i have made a Slasher room at our old mall deicated to all that he has dropped on us in our battles..

6. Macrophage

Macrophage Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That stun with no chance to survive is simply a design flaw. Every game design school teach that. They need to rebuild that encounter badly

7. RawHeadRex

Stratics Veteran

navery does the same exact thing, only it uses a web to freeze you and the bite to kill you. both deaths can be avoided with invis pots and/or a mage healing/curing/invis'ing you. do not change them one bit.

8. Macrophage

Macrophage Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Do you actually play the game? Invis pots can be interrupted and Navrey freezes people one at a time... Moreover, there is a quest item that removes the webbing... Slashers, on the other hand, freezes the whole screen [ie mages cannot cross heal] and summon boulders falling on you leading to fast death. Slashers is broken and there is a reason why no one fights him (while everyone fights navrey all day long)

9. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Slasher is fine the way he is.
    He is supposed to be tough.

Just because something is strong is no reason to nerf it.

I would like to see an even stronger creature in the game, that would require some serious teamwork, dedication, skill, and time to kill (but with suitable rewards at the end - but not something that would imbalance PvP, PvM, etc.).

10. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The slasher in my opinion is unfinished. Just read the description on the stygian abyss site:

have you ever see any of these features?

11. Requiem_baja

Requiem_baja Visitor

I solo slasher very easy on a stone form macer or a throwing wammy. Stone form is easier as I never die... Wammy is way faster though but I die like every 3 slashers.

12. RawHeadRex

Stratics Veteran

lol acid poppers are for newbs. good luck with that attitude of yours. i don't die to slasher or navery, why do you ?

13. Cash

Cash Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

hey could you tell me the exact skills on these 2 chars? i dont even know what a throwing wammy is lol
    and whats the big deal with stone form?

14. Remo_Williams

Remo_Williams Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran