1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Problems with UO Account Management...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Freelsy, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Has anyone else had any problems with UO's account management website? I can log into my master account but when I go to "reactivate" it takes me to the screen where I can pick my subscription type. Once I click on my preferred type of subscription it just locks up and wont go any further. The page then times out and resets.

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

2. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

there are many issues with acct management. we've worked thru a few peoples problems before. . you can search the old threads for clues , or perhaps it would be wise to speak with a live human . usually works best for me .

this was posted a while back but still should be good.

NEWS: uo-herald Nov. 11
    Would like to remind you that you can contact the UO Billing support
    via phone under 1-650-628-1001.
    Our phone support hours are 10am to 10pm EST (2pm to 2am UTC), 7 days a week.

3. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe try a different browser.

4. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

It can be a pain. I have never made a phone call to billing support, but issues I have remaining would definitely require one. Since I can play other accounts, I have abandoned trying to active others due to the complexity of the current account management site.

5. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was using firefox. Switched to IE and it worked just fine.

Who uses IE anymore????

Hattori Hanzo likes this.
  6. Hattori Hanzo

7. Ducky Momo

Ducky Momo Journeyman

Internet Explorer

8. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

There are times when a phone call is actually the easiest way to deal with it. I have been able to link old accounts without calling, but I also did need to call once (got some poor dude as he was getting his morning coffee, eh eh.)

One key to remember is that when you first set things up, you must place _uo after your original account name. So if the account name was pwnseveryone you would need to type in pwnseveryone_uo into the account management system in order to get started with it.

The next thing to note is that after the account pops up, you will be at a screen where it lists that account name as pwnseveryone - Ultima Online. In the upper right hand corner of that box there is a button labeled "set description" - you must hit this button once. But you only need to do that the first time, when you are setting the accounts up.

If you have multiple old accounts, you'll need to do that for each one - but then, after they are all set up, you will be able to choose which account you want to work with from a drop down box at the top of the account management page. If you add any new accounts, they will be shown on one of those pre-existing accounts rather than showing up in the drop down box.

Finally, I have found that it's easier just to purchase 6 month game time from the UO store and input the code than to use the 'bill my credit card monthly' or every 6 months or whatever. I used to use the credit card billing system, but the game codes negate any issues with billing card numbers, addresses, etc. When they first implimented the new billing system, I literally talked a number of guildmates through the process. It should still work the same. But if you do have issues, call them. I might be able to locate the 'best' phone number if I dig through posts on my guild's website.

I don't know if any of this helps, but hopefully it will. Oh - I think I might have even posted a step by step here on Stratics when they first started the 'migration' thing. So you might search our Siege forum here for 'account management' posts by me.

Hattori Hanzo likes this.
  9. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I had the same issue until I "temporarily allowed" the whole page under noscript. not sure if you use noscript with firefox, but that was my issue.

10. Saul_Siege

Saul_Siege Adventurer

Love no script- has saved me many times from harm.

IE can go to hell.

I had account issues getting setup- my old account had been on an email I let languish some time ago. I ended up having to call and go through a plethora of accounts.

11. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had a problem like a month ago or so when I think I was gonna buy a soul stone or something and just gave up. Now the problem I have is my debit card expires today and I guess I'll have to give them the new number on the new card. At least I've paid thru sometime in March.

It's a pain in the ass that people even have to talk about crazy stuff like this when all you want to do is simply buy something or extend three active accounts from a game like UO. The stuff that they send ya in the e-mail doesn't work and the changes they implemented a few years back in the Mythic deal are beyond terrible from an account mgmt standpoint.

Gonna crash and better not say anything else.

Jack Nickelson

12. Hattori Hanzo

:)