1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Proposal to Scribes - Clean Up Sosaria!

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Endal, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Endal

Endal Journeyman

You've seen them before, lying on the ground at every moongate, bank, and along every pathway of Luna. Little books proclaiming a service that will get you banned if you participate. I've grown tired of them and have decided that there must be something done to stop them, so with that in mind, I have created a new campaign for all Scribes to join in!

In your backpack, carry a small book (40 pages) that contains something other than what you would find on the ground. Then, every once and a while, walk around these locations where we find these pieces of trash and overwrite them with your book. If anyone would like something to write out, I have included a synopsis that I wrote out about the Virtues for your use. You can also use these books to advertise your upcoming elections (September 1st is just around the corner!) or to advertise your guild, custom crafts shop, or even just to say howdy. It doesn't matter what you do with them, just make sure they aren't there anymore. (they are worth 1 point in the trash bins, if nothing else).

Enjoy!

#1 Endal, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    Kirthag likes this.
  2. CaptainLu

CaptainLu Adventurer

I actually tried to cleanup one day. There are alot of moongates and there were books at the first one again by the time I made a full round lol. It is unfortunate that these services have become so prevalent but its hard to blame them when the economy is super inflated for new and returning players. It is ultimately reasonable that some people will want to participate in the end game without spending a year or so building up. That being said I think its an 'at first' impulse buy.

After a few weeks playing and if you actually talk to people you will find you can get along fine and money comes in pretty adequately. I have to admit though in the first few weeks killin earth eles and then running around Atlantic Luna looking for things I could afford it was a bit depressing and I would have purchased gold too but I really wanted to come back to UO and not get into any trouble so I refrained. I can empathize with the tempation though. I believe the Luna prices assume a certain percentage of people purchasing that gold. If EA is not willing to take a hard stand on the issue nothing can be done. It is an all or nothing thing. Either you have a tight economy or you dont. This game doesnt but neither does any other mmo im sure.

I know its crazy but maybe we could , oh I dont know, up the gold loot on some monsters, make gold not an item so it autoloots. These 2 things would help most people resist the temptation I would think.

I am serious about the non item gold autoloot. It is so frustrating, really, some people have pain in there hands the looting in this game is absurd and always has been.
    That being said I am hoping once I upgrade to enhanced client that wont be so bad so maybe its just that I am still in classic client and have to grab everything by a pixel wide piece on my screen.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  3. CaptainLu

CaptainLu Adventurer

Srry ranty day my apologies.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I made 250gp selling them to the provisioner in Luna :D

Endal, CaptainLu and Seona like this.