1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Provo or Disco Greater Dragons?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Seismic, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Seismic

Seismic Guest

What are my chances to provoke or disco greater dragons? Or maybe a better way to ask, does anyone know their general barding skill?

I'd use either exceptional instruments or a dragon slayer..

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

barding difficulty 160, or at least it was on the ones I tried to peace to tame.

I think 160 is the upper limit, most high end paragons, peerless and special event monsters are 160 barding difficulty.

3. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Yes, they allways have 160. According to Stratics Barding Success Calculator you will have 20% success chance of discording with exceptional instrument and 30% with slayer (at legendary status!). Actually, I didn't notice any big difference between both. Often enough the first try with excep. works while sometimes 20 attemps even with slayer fail.

(One note on peacemaking for tamer: They sometimes shake off the pacify effect even before you can get in taming range. This and the high barding difficulty makes target-peace-taming pretty useless. Area-peace by an extra bard is sure the better way.)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!