1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Provo Questions...

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by joblackjon, Apr 7, 2008.

1. joblackjon

joblackjon Guest

What exactly does it mean when the Barding Calculator says my char (100 Music, 97.2 Provo and a Normal Tambourine) has a 74.4% chance of Provoking an Ogre Lord on another Ogre Lord? Does that mean I should fail roughly 1 out of 4 Provo attempts and succeed 3 out of four times? I ask because I just experienced a remarkable string of failures. This series of four sequential sets of OLs had 14, 4, 7, 9 attemps to succesfully Provo. That's 34 attempts with 4 successes which I'll round up to a 12% success rate. If my math is any good those 34 attempts must be matched with 86 single-try, successful Provos to equal the suggested ~75% success rate. Is the Barding Calculator accurate or what?

Also I trained with the OLs about 45-60 mins for maybe 5 nights and I have had 6 musically-successful (the music played properly) Provos that had no effect on the OLs...didn't even give them pause! How does this happen?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you should be able to provo 3 out of 4 times you could try using a exceptional that would give you 84 or repond slayer 94 I have found you always fail at the worst possible time more than likely you are just having a bad streak i trained on ogre lords to 100 provo with no problem