1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Provocation on G-drags

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Hazzattacker, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Hazzattacker

Hazzattacker Visitor

Hi guys,

I've been trying to tweek my archer/bard as I want to hunt Gdragons (currently), what provocation/music do I need to successfully provoke two Gdrags to attack one another?

I currently have 105 music and 110 provocation but it says 'You have no chance of provoking these creatures' - a little disappointing considering how long it took me to skill up provo...

So you know, I'm currently running the following template,

Archer/Anat/Tact/Heal/Hiding/music/provo.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

If you use the bard calculator you will be able to see your chances. http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/bardingdifficulty.php

For some reason, I am not seeing the greater dragon on the list but I can tell you that with 120 music and 120 provoke and a slayer instrument, I fail a lot. I want to say it is only like a 30-40% success rate but I am sure that Logrus can verify the exact percentage. He is awesome with the barding formulas!

3. LowdownandShifty

LowdownandShifty Journeyman

Have you tried to provo Dragon -> GD?

4. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Anything less than 120/120 is going to give you issues. You might want to track down a dragon slayer to help but I would finish the provo first. It's not that hard if you use the masteries and provo plaque beasts against each other after you have worked them up a little. You can increase it's skil by making them eat the spawn. The tend to spawn in swamps on a coast so you can fish at the same time using "a boat"...

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  5. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Also consider switching to Provo mastery. That will grant you an additional +10% modifier to your provo chances

6. Duke_Hammerfest

Duke_Hammerfest Adventurer

i didn't realize you could provoke these unto each other? is this true?!

7. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It is true, but due to their 160 barding, it is very difficult. Expect to see grey occasionally while doing this. Ok, maybe MORE than occasionally...

8. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Journeyman

Good grief, I have 118.8 prov and 119.7 music, and am using prov mastery, and I seem to get less than 50% success provoking regular dragons onto GDs....

9. A-tron

A-tron Adventurer

Even lower success rates. With reptile slayer 120's all across its about 1 in 5 successful on paper. the reality is in the field it seems more like 1 in 7 or 8. Especially true with level 7 maps trying to provo frost dragon on frost dragon or ancient wyrm on ancient wyrm despite both being listed at 160 difficulty.