1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pub 86 - Traders Quest

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by Kyronix, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Great feedback, and thank you for the suggestions!

Getting crafters involved at this stage is a little late given the scope. I think crafting is a great center stage for the next city update, and given the recent discussion about BoDs and such, it makes it more so. We'll keep this one in the back pocket. City Shields anyone? (I can feel Onifrk's gaze upon me now....hehe)

The destination is random because you get a nice bonus for trade orders that cover a greater distance, if you could just pick which one people would always pick the furthest destination and there wouldn't be any variety.

Nobody suggested the Felucca moongate allowance to lure people to slaughter, nor is that the intent. That allowance is in place because in order to visit Slim you need to be able to go to Felucca, since that's where he's hanging out. There are trade ministers in Felucca anyway, since we needed them there for Siege/Mugen as well as to give Feluccans an opportunity to make trade donations as well (No we aren't adding a governor-style council to Felucca). If you want to use the convenience of the moongate, the trade off is having to enter a non-consensual PvP area, although doing the trade quests without killing ambushers will greatly reduce the deposit to the city treasury, but that's entirely up to the person doing the quest.

I'm looking into making the Skara Brae ferry a usuable teleporter, no promises though as teleportation is a delicate system to deal with.

Sign hangers sound great for future rewards ;)

Again, thanks for the feedback!