1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Public CO-OP Fishing Houses (For Fishing Quests!)

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Gem, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Lobsters and crabs and fish-oh my!

Here's a little suggestion for those of you do fishing quests.

It seems no matter how much you fish, you always need 2 more hummer lobsters and have three extra apple crabs, etc.

On Great Lakes, for our guild mates, we have set a chest (and commodity box next to it) set for guildmates.

The idea is you leave your excess there and then take what you need. If I need three crusty lobsters, I should leave 3 or 4 crustys (or whatever similar I have).

I understand there is a similar one on Europa I am told.

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Great idea Gem, Stickied this so people can add their own shard co-ops.

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Europa has a CO-OP owned by Cailleach, You can ask for her in general chat to gain access. Sadly it isn't public after a bad apple emptied the boxes. :(

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I HAD a co-op set up in the THB Guildhouse on Lake Austin, public access (on the floor with the Goodman books - middle teleporter), but I got slammed by a bunch of quests that literally had me emptying the boxes to fill them.

I may or may not start it back (despite advertising it in my alliance, it seems I was the only one adding to it or pulling things out), but the chests are still there to use (not labeled yet, and are the paragon chests on the west wall).

I also have some fish on sale for 10k per 20 on a vendor in Luna (if a fish got over 40 in the co-op, I would pull 20, deed them and sell them).

Tamais likes this.
  5. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Skeleton Key Shipping Company [SKS] has a Co-Op on Chesapeake. Would have had one for the FCB but my guildmaster dropped off the face of the planet a few months back :-(

[​IMG]

Those who are part of the SKS will be made a friend of the SKS Tower in Kijustsu Anei Keys which will give you access to the “Fishmonger Chest Stock”. Inside you will find fish and lobster donated by your fellow SKS members to help you in your fishmonger quests.

If you have a lot of a particular fish, crab or lobster then drop it in the box and take something out you are running low on. This will be on the honor system, should a problem arise which we do not expect one to but if it does we will implement stronger security.

6. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Are any of these up and running? Does anyone use these at all now?

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I just started playing again in the last couple months, and haven't dropped a ship yet to start back fishing. If I do, I'll probably start some boxes back at the LA THB.

8. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

We stopped ours on GL for FCB after someone cleaned us out...*sighs* but always open to reviving it....