1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Publish 16 Announcement

Discussion in 'UHall' started by unified, Dec 9, 2010.

1. unified

unified Guest

Probably the most impacting, game-changing publish of all UO time. :eek:

Does anyone know where I can find the archived announcement?

2. unified

unified Guest

Wish I could, but the site no longer exists. The name is for sale. I wonder how much they want. :link:

3. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

4. Fernadious

Fernadious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Full notes on the updated link

5. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

What? taming slots?! What are they thinking!!!??
    I'm totally against that publish! Don't do it, I want to roam the lands with my five dragons!

6. Babble

Babble Guest

I found the P16 changes still ok, though in retrospect they should have kept of the power scrolls.

AOS was the real killer for me

7. I Play UO

I Play UO Visitor

8. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else find it funny that UO outlived this site?

9. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I didnt like 16, but AoS ruined UO. If not for my many friends I would have quit. Which is kinda funny as most of them have quit and I'm still here.

10. Babble

Babble Guest

Actually I went a bit to the Feluccan Champ Spawns for fun then.

I am still surprised the devs have not invoked another levelcap yet with 130 and 140 skill scrolls for people to level

11. georox

georox Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Pub 16 sucked, AoS is what really sucked though.

12. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

After all these years they still didn't realise that 120 in a skill was made to be more efficient against challenges where GM would have worked. You would sacrify a skill to specialize and be better. Nowadays 120 is a requirement. The most typical skills are bardic ones. You could do with GM skills and a slayer instrument, leaving you 7 skills total. Now you don't have access to new content at GM, you're forced to remove one skill.

They call that progress I guess. UO must be the only game where you have to lose a part of your gameplay possibilities in order to access to the addition. If I wanted to peace paragons, I would have to stop using herding. Thank you EA to open me the way to... less.

"Oh let's add fishing scrolls, the templates using it aren't cramped enough!"
    Ok guys, time to take the short bus and go home, you've worked very well.

13. Babble

Babble Guest

They messed barding up, that was annoying

14. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

thanks Fernadious, sure took me back

15. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Ok......
    If you can find that. How hard would it be to find the apology issued after housing opened in Trammel?
    I wished I copied it. It's my biggest laugh since I started playing in 98.
    If you look up the word obsequious in the dictionary you might find that apology.

16. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

or the famous quote, "Trammel is NOT a mirror of Felucca"

17. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

In my opinion, AoS was just pouring salt on the wound, adding insult to injury, etc. Publish 16 set the stage for what was to come, a game geared more toward item collecting and creating imbalance. One that was geared more towards the current playerbase rather than appealing to new players.

Champ spawns themselves weren't a bad addition it was the scrolls. However, I could live with power scrolls in a classic shard (though my preference would be to not include them and set some of the skills to what they once were before pub16). Yes, AoS was the killer, but Pub 16 got the ball rolling.

18. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Publish 16 killed the thief profession...la

19. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*looks around* I may be breaking cover a little here, but... well, I remember Publish 16 exceptionally well. I still have my old www.uo.com signature from then as well!

[​IMG]

Yes, by gawd that publish was buggy! But for some reason I remember that one fondly; perhaps because when Bonding finally worked correctly, it meant that the first Nightmare I had ever tamed, which was also the one I had GMd taming on and kept alive and fighting for over a year before that point was finally eternal. It's gone now sadly, as are most of my legacy pets as I gave them away when I took what turned into a 6 year break... along with all my gold, the original rares museum I worked on... *sighs* and now I feel sad.