1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Publish 76 (hopes!)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sauteed Onion, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Sauteed Onion

No denying it, it's got people talking, so here's my sauteed hopes and dreams, and really want to hear some flippin stuff. Here's a start.
    ╚ Faction updates that don't destroy the validity of Factions and people not in them! Or even a reason to mess with it in the first place at this point, now that it's validity.. is well destroyed.

╚ An actual reason/thought process behind actually raising town loyalty to venerated and spending FIFTY FLIPPIN MILLION to get a title that has no ingame use or function at this time.. except to make others stop and accuse you of gold/ item duping/ and scripting resources and calling you an idiot for spending 50 mil on a useless title.. And if no other uses or functions, at least put a *expletive.. many many expletives* comma after the person's name so it doesn't look like total unwashed ass.

╚ Droppin the ball on new coding/system implementation is promised not to happen anymore. More recent examples for code/system ball dropping. LOYALTY decay, Covetous Level 3, mount/item disappearances in new revamped dungeon areas. (Simply newer examples, can expand if needed)

╚ Cinnamon rolls and more added to cooking gump!

╚ A vow to actually take a step towards stopping 3rd party program useage. (Not just "lookin" into for 14 years). And by vow; I actually mean a call of action/ and detailed walk through of actual punishments. None of which should be less than permanent banning and deletion of account in question. Not a good ol' 3dayer to 1 monther. people know better, and people shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Come on now.

╚ Some detailed outline on what we can expect to see in the future aside from splashing some new paint on old areas. (Or confirmation on this is what we can expect). Not somebody (who won't be named) mentioning in a recent Wayback Wednesday that "we do have stuff planned in the future, but don't want to talk about it". Perhaps not in those exact words.. but I can dig the link up to that video.. that line was mentioned right when they started going into covetous. And it's pretty obvious who said it.. and I can give a few examples of other time the line was used.. and we're still waiting on the stuff that can't be talked about from the cal crowner and unnamed person and that random in game support guy interview back in '11.

╚ A detailed outline for what we can expect in graphical upgrades.. and an in game link to the new player guide that's made.. but ya know.. no link to it.. from you know.. in the game.

Just some hopes and dreams.

2. Sauteed Onion

Also the addition of perhaps a new area called the Forge of the Gods, that through the use of a quest that is given once per ACCOUNT like ACCOUNT not character/shard but ACCOUNT, the people there offer to take one of your new dungeon found items and remove a random negative from it. Not one the player chooses, but one the npc chooses. And the quest SHOULD be tough, it should be challenging, but no it should NOT be a damn grind.

*Edit* Meant to say once per account PER month. Not once per character on that account per month, or even once per character, per shard per month.. But 1 time, on that whole entire account, per month the quest can be undertaken. It's a powerful idea, and shouldn't be something taken lightly.

3. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Fix weapon skill and parry/bushido. Our skill should count for something without HCI & DCI

Sevin0oo0, Sauteed Onion and Raptor85 like this.
  4. Sauteed Onion

Well, I'd like to see them fix alot of stuff, unaugmented skill meaning something is a start. I'm actually hoping we can get some of that "We don't want to talk about it" talked about.. It's killing me, like actually my reasoning as to why I should keep paying for buggy code sloppily slapped in here and there, when we've already got tons of buggy code to play with already. Like a good way to fix factions, and it's poor implementation.. just get it to a point, and leave it alone long enough to actually think of a reasonable solution, rather than take away any type of reasonable method to aquire in some cases doubly powerful versions of the regular item.. then a good portion of those "facioneers" don't even use them for their intended purpose. I mean, don't get me wrong, you up the ante and decide you want pvp items.. they should be pvp items, you know.. for pvp'ers. If the items can be gotten by anyone and then a person decides to go to trammel, why not have the moons or whatever that silly message is when you log in align and those items pop off cause you're not in a felucca ruleset?

Or better yet.. It's like wearing an orc mask and attackin an orc. You just kaboom when you leave felucca with those items equipped. Before we get any naysayers, think about it. 90% of the argument is people using them for non pvp uses.. (the validity of my % may be off about 1-2% any given day, but you get the point I'm making I hope). I'm not saying that has to be the long term fix.. but it's enough of one to last until other glaring faults and issues can be addressed. Another thing, bump up non faction arties or take away the additions the faction versions give them. That stops the devaluation of the normal versions, in a nearly perfect way. If people gripe about it, let them.. it's not like we aren't griping about a whole lot of other stuff that just "is" cause "they" said so.

I hate to make this seem 100% negative, it's not. It's true.. and it's truth that's slowly eatin UO up. And I LOVE THIS GAME. I WANT to keep playing another 15 years. I want more than anything for this game to realize it's true potential. And it mostly has. It's just at a bad place.. that stands to get MUCH worse without taking the same amount of time fixing what's there, that they spend bringing us a new publish with new bs that the majority wouldn't mind waiting a publish cycle to see fixed.

A serious confirmation on whether there is future content/expansions/systems that are meaningful and NEW or a serious confirmation that no, there is no new stuff coming into the game at this time or the near future would be a good start in helping people decide if they want to continue to see new buggy things put in that are half hearted at best. What I mean by new is NEW. Not a "revamped" old dungeon because hey we uh messed up.. and let get gear get out of hand so we need to "fix" that and give people 90+ resist monster with unnattainable levels of skill to fight with to fix it. New means not rehuing a monster along with these ideas.

A good example of new = Stygian Abyss dungeon.. Those little goblins those are neat, and they weren't rehued mongbats or lizardmen.. and in some cases these "new" dungeons or rather revamped ones with new challenges don't even bother to rehue. They just toss on a funky new name. Like a lizard man shaman or some such. It's true! Go to Wrong and see for yourself if you haven't already. Mysticism is awesome. Sure it was OP at the time, but they worked on some things and got it balanced for the most part.

Another thing, what was the motivation to start with the daily decay on a hardcore level NOW at all times? I mean, were we screaming for that? NO. We weren't. Now we are. Well, at least we were SCREAMIN for a fix of some kind.. And to top it off.. there was no apology.. just a quick "A fix will be implemented". No sorry about that.. nothin. That's screaming customer service and satisfaction right there. I dunno, maybe I should just go eat a cookie and be the dope that let's myself get walked over like this. But cookies don't last forever baby.

Sevin0oo0 and O'Brien like this.
  5. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Grand Spanish Inquisitor
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

SA was AWESOME! Would be nice to see, if they are planning other add-ons of THIS quality. Best add-on ever!

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  6. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

...and for goodness sake. PLEASE RELOCATE THE BRIGHTBORN SLIMES

Sauteed Onion likes this.