1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Purchasing from the UO Store

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Luka Melehan, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

The proceedure has apparently changed or somethings not working. The only numbers I see in my confirmation email are serial numbers and they do not work as a promotional code. The help links in game don't work. Customer service at Origins is stupid. Can anyone help me.

2. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Not really sure entirely what you're trying to do, but if you've bought an expansion and want to add it to your account you'd have to login to it via the Bioware Mythic | Account Management page, hit the "Activate a Key" link and apply it from there. That's the correct method of applying serial numbers. You can't use them as "Promotional Codes"...

3. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Last time i bought something i had to wait about 10 min before the code worked
    Have you tryed making a sammich and trying it again after?
    Worked for me

4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As Spiritless said, if you purchased an account upgrade, you have to enter the code in account management.

If you purchased an ingame item or ingame items came with an upgrade, then you would enter the code via the promotion code menu.

You didn't specify what it is you purchased.

5. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Mine didn't work till server up. It kept saying it was working on it but never popped up in my backpack

6. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My email will sometimes say "show graphics in email (etc.)", and only then will I see the promotion code. Check that if it gives you that option.

7. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I wish we had another way to buy things. I have tried different cards and different emails and it won't let me buy anything now. It keeps giving me "payment failed". There is no reason it should have failed. :sad3:

8. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If you're using Internet Explorer and it's not working then try using Firefox. When I was having similar issues that made all the difference. Good Luck.

9. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have that problem with these Forums since last week. IE8 packs up immediately and pegs my processor at 100% requiring me to use the taskmgr to shut it down. Petra mentioned she uses Firefox so I installed that and now have access here again.

Wonder if the last Windows XP update isn't compatible with something on my system. I use WIN95 & 98 programs on my system since they still work with XP, though SP2 took out a favorite RPN calculator program I had. Might have to uninstall something.

10. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

I ordered Hochi's pigments, Captian's bundle and undertaker's staff. I checked my order history and the order did go thru. The instructions are:
    Redemption Instructions:• Launch Ultima Online and sign into the character you'd like to claim the token with.
    • Open your paperdoll (or character window) and click on the "Help" button.
    • Click the "Promotional Code" button at the bottom of the Help window.
    • Enter your Token Code EXACTLY as it appears in your code redemption email.
    • Your code will be verified and, if valid, a Token will be placed in your inventory bag.
    • These Tokens are transferable and can be traded or given to others

My email lists all three items with thier serial number, which does not get me anywhere when typed into the promo code section of the in game help. The help links shown here in game go nowhere.

The UO store is now located here:
    Origin