1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Putting some Sand back into the Sandbox.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Selurnoraa, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Selurnoraa

Selurnoraa Adventurer

Jun 27, 2012
    Basically this is just a few suggestions that will allow a player to have more creative control over the way they play their character. I believe that is what makes this game special is the ability to constantly try and reinvent your template to do new and exciting things. I am sure there are many changes that could be suggested and I'd like to see those as well, but for now I just got a few idea's to open some options back up.

1. Special Moves
    - The tactics requirement should be removed to use a special attack.
    - Spellcasting of any type should not untoggle your special move.
    - The Lance should be reinstated to a version of its former glory, obviously this is a change
    that could potentially be abused. But the Lance is unique in the fact it is a mounted dismount with the drawback ofa slow attack speed. I think making the attack resistable would be an idea, but this weapon deserves a chance to shine once again.

2. Vampiric Embrace
    - Lower Reagent Cost should once again no longer cause Garlic in your spells to damage you. Players in form are not able to use Cure potions which is a huge disadvantage already with the influx of lethal poison. Ward removal talisman's are available now unlike in the past. Orange petals can provide the same level of poison resistance with no penalty. The drawbacks for this spell even with no garlic damage are huge and very few would use it, but it should still be a viable option for those who would like the added regen's.

3. Chivalry
    - Chivalry on mages should be reinstated back to 4/6 casting. They are honestly one of the most annoying things to fight because their defensive abilities are godlike, but at the same time they are sacrificing offensive power to gain it.

These are just some real simple idea's to bring back some variety to the battlefield, with the exception of the Lance none of these changes would have a drastic impact on gameplay. Just like I said it would once again open the window for some more creativity by the players to find new and exciting ways to play a character.