1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Puzzle board explantion

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO Relic, Sep 11, 2009.

1. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ok maybe once I get there this might make more sense to me but I would swear that http://www.uoguide.com/Puzzle_Board is written by someone who understands english like he is from another planet. :twak:

Can we get an explanation that might make sense to someone from this side of the galaxy

examples:
    A blue bar consists of 2 green and 2 red pegs (but can be built of 4 blue pegs).
    Two blue pegs consist of 1 red and 1 green peg (but can also be built of 2 blue pegs).

> whats the point of having blue pegs, if a green and red make a blue but thats besides the point im sure the screen will make a bit more sense than his explanation.
    But looking at the solution keys at bottom can someone explain what type of messages you recieve to understand what colors and how many should be where?? If i only have *8 chances at a solution but have 2 boxes with 4 rows in each box with between 1 and 4 dots combinations per row per box and 3 different color dots to work with thats seems like an absurd amount of possible combinations to solve in *8 moves.
    * - Yes I understand the 8 is a variable number just used it since that was displayed in his example.

2. UO Relic

Stratics Veteran

Wish Tina Small had written the walk thru for the puzzle boxes, very concise easy to understand walk thru for Tel Mur :heart:

3. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

who is Tina Small? and where is this walkthrought?

4. UO Relic

Stratics Veteran

5. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tell ya what... next time I'm down working with the puzzle box, I'll take screenshots of each step so that you can see what happens. The reason for putting it like that is that it's required knowledge for solving some of the puzzles...

You can build a green bar (which is the equivalent of 4 green pegs) out of either 4 green pegs, or 2 red and 2 blue. This can only be done by moving pegs UP into another row of pegs (you can move 3 greens up into a row of 1 green, 2 greens up into a row of 2 greens, or 1 green up into a row of 3 greens, OR you can move 2 red pegs up into a row of 2 blue pegs, OR 2 blue pegs up into a row of 2 red pegs... all of these will give you a green bar).

However, if you move a green bar up or down into an empty row, what you will get is two blue pegs and two red pegs.

Sure... you can just solve the puzzles using the provided solutions, but for those that want the challenge, the rules are more of a hint.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I tried the puzzle by the "walk of death" aka the "hall of bouncing boulders" during the beta and was just starting to get the feel of it when the open beta ended and we had no shard to test with for a while. Haven't gotten around to the room of puzzle boxes. My houses are so stuffed with junk like seeds and plants and looted jewelry that I can't really squeeze in any more stuff that I'll just throw in a box because I don't want to rearrange all of it to decorate. So I have little motivation to do puzzles that give deco rewards until I do some serious housecleaning.

You also really don't want me writing guides for doing timed puzzles. You wouldn't finish reading them before the timer ran out and something bad happened or you'd be locked out for a day or something like that.

Now if you want someone who probably understands them very well, you might want to pester Crysta and Maplestone. But beware, they dole out clues and hints in small doses and only if you demonstrate you're actually TRYING to do something.

;)

7. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This is the guide I found a few weeks back on UOPowergamers:

http://www.uopowergamers.com/a-nov01.shtml

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Oh I just love puzzles, I used to do the khaldun puzzle chests obsessively. I'm totally going to save these for a rainy day when the room is less crowded and I have lots of time to figure them out. Ahhh, my UO list of stuff to do is so long right now!