1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Puzzle: The Geography of Sosaria, A History

Discussion in 'UO Great Lakes' started by EM Malachi, May 10, 2011.

1. EM Malachi

EM Malachi UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator Stratics Veteran

By Gideon of Moonglow

We once believed the stone maps, relics of some ancient people, were wrong. The distances and shapes and positions did not match the world we had measured, and in our arrogance, we did not consider the movement of time. We were the ones who were wrong. The world changes, and even the most sturdy mountain is drifting on a sea of molten lava. We once believed this was all too slow to bother our work. Of course our maps would be good for ten thousand years! Then the Shattering happened, and the world changed again, powerful sorcery tore apart coasts and smashing mountains together.

When a map is drawn, it traps a moment in time. The world moves on from that moment. Cities fall, islands sink, mountains rise. Take nothing for granted.

Here are several maps I have copied from other sources that show some of the profound changes to our geography. I have also provided a key which the symbols and notations I could decipher.

For more...

2. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Heres a reply i got from Malachi...
    Extra hint..

Wisps are involved for areas..since FOA has dealings with them..
    Hope this helps...only have 2 right answers so far. :(

3. EM Malachi

EM Malachi UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator Stratics Veteran

I posted these on our board but forgot to reflect the change here:

Hint 1 - The FoA are often associated with Wisps.

Hint 2 - The key does not contain all map symbols.