1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Magery] PvM NecroMageWeaver armour

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Odin of Europa, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I built my suit with alot of MR, but I've heard its less effective the higher it is, so I was wondering if I would be better to lower it, if so, what to and if I should increase my mana or something else instead?

My current suit is:

HoM
    Scrappers
    Orny
    Quiver of infinity
    Totem of the void
    Shield of invulnerability
    Crimson cincture
    Gorget - mi 7, mr 2, 10/8/18/6/19
    Gloves - hpi 5, mr 2, lmc 7, lrc 15, 9/18/6/10/8
    Arms - mi 8, mr 2, lrc 16, 19/11/6/9/14
    Tunic - mr 2, lmc 6, lrc 18, 20/8/7/9/20
    Legs - hpi 4, mr 2, lrc 18, 5/18/9/7/9
    Ring - necro 9, fcr 2, fc, lrc 14, poision 10

Totals:
    LMC 43
    MR 14
    SDI 35
    DCI 20

HP 129
    Stam 15
    Mana 148

And my temp is:
    Eval 110
    Inscription / resist 100
    Magery 120
    Med 100
    Necro 99
    Spellweaving 120

I use the char for group hunts - peerless and champs, and I don't PvP.

Thanks.

2. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

I don't see anything wrong with the suit to be honest. Every mr point helps, just not as much as it used to. If you already have max lrc and lmc, why not mr?

3. Odin of Europa

Yeh, I thought more MR would be better, but then I heard about the change to it, so got me thinking if the mod would be better used for something else, increase mana instead?

Thanks for the help :)

4. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

MR is good, I wouldn't worry about changing your suit. It looks good as it is.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

What are you using 99 necro for on a mage with no spirit speak? Or did you just forget to list that? My math shows me we're missing roughly 80 skill points in your template.

-OBSIDIAN-

6. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

110 + (Eval)
    100 + (inscription)
    100 + (Resisting Spells)
    120 + (Magery)
    100 + (Med)
    99 +(Necro)
    120 + (Spellweaving)
    = 749

749 points in the template and 9 of it is the ring. I'm curious where the other 20 come from... Hopefully it's not points on the scrapers. I tend to use slayer spellbooks at times , so I use multiples

He's using the 99 necro for vampiric embrace.

And I agree I like the suit. Spellweaving needs high LMC and you have that.

7. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Ok, I thought he was saying he used Inscription or Resist at 100... probably by trading them out via Soul Stone.

I still don't see the benefit of VE for a mage. You can't leech mana and to my knowledge, you don't leech life either from spell damage. I suppose the MR4 and high posion resist would be helpful... but that's a lot of skill points just for that effect. You also limit yourself from casting garlic-based spells, unless you want to sustain damage.

I don't usually run around with my mage in VE so I am intrigued why he is using it (if he is).

-OBSIDIAN-

8. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

He probably was.

The only real benefit for him would be the posion resist. He already has 14 mana regeneration from his suit. I like lich form better personally, just can't seem to run away from paragons with it.... I'm not sure how many of the garlic spells he uses. Cure , Arch Cure, Heal , Greater Heal , Dispel , Dispel Field , Mass Dispel and Rez would be a pain wouldn't it? With Spirit Speak you don't need to use garlic to heal , but he doesn't have SS....
    So I agree that in his case he could probably get skill point cost/benefit from rolling with both inscrption and resist. Then maybe 120 eval, med , resist with the 80 left over points

9. Odin of Europa

Ha! Yeh sorry guys, I missed out 80 spirit speak :blushing:

I swap inscription and resist with soulstones.

I mainly use wraith form, but if I have to cast alot of summons, I use lich form :)