1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PvM Warrior build ?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Brendig, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Brendig

Brendig Visitor

Hi, I started to play after 7 years. I was playing in unofficial servers and now I feel lost ...
    I did a wrong build (i think) with : Fencing, Healing, Anatomy, Tactics, Resisting, Poison, and some of Chivalry for teleports.
    I see in forums that the people use something called Sampire ... but i feel unconffortable without healing, or necromancy without SS.
    Some other builds ? I should forgot the Healing ?

Help me please ! And sorry for my bad English :)

(The people think, WTF thought this man to choose poison for PvM. It was because before a lethal kill dragons alone)

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

A sampire only needs Necro so they can cast vampiric embrace to get into vamp form. This way they can leech life when using a weapon. A sampire sounds exactly what you should make if you want a warrior based template.

This is a good start: http://stratics.com/community/threads/nusairs-sampire-101.283587/

#2 DJAd, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  3. Brendig

Brendig Visitor

Thanks DJAd. I don't like to have 100 of one skill only for 1 ability. But i think that i will do.
    Now I don't know what to do, apart of Necro, Weaponskill, Tactics, Bushido:

· Build 1: Healing, Anatomy, Parrying.
    · Build 2: Chivalry, Parrying, Spirit Speak. (Necro and Chivalry use oposite karma, maybe it's not a good idea)
    · Build 3: Parrying, Spirit Speak, "something more"
    · Build 4: Healing, Anatomy, Chivalry.

I don't think that Anatomy without Healing is optimum ...
    And my other question is, what is the best Weaponskill ? I think that swordsmanship have more type of weapons. And fencing some abilities needs hiding or ninjitsu, no a good choice if i don't have these skills.

Thanks for your help. I don't want to change all my build until i have all clear ...

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

This is what I run

120 swords
    120 tactics
    120 bushido
    110 anatomy / resist spells (I use a soulstone to change these around depending on what I'm fighting).
    100 necro
    85 chivalry
    60 parry

With all armour and kit: 135 hit points, 72 mana and 190 stamina

Try to get 100 DI and then 45 HCI and 45 DCI

As for weapon skill swords or fencing are the popular choices.

5. Brendig

Brendig Visitor

The resisting spells is usefull in PvM ?

Use Necromancy with high spirit speak and chivalry. Could it be nice instead of Anatomy (55% damage) ? Could be the Karma a problem ?

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Karma's not really a problem with necro/chiv since they made the Chiv items more skill dependent than karma dependent, and you can lock karma to not rise. Chivalry needs to be in the 80-90 skill point range to be roughly equivalent to what it was when it was purely karma based on effects.

A good starting necro-warrior template is a whammy (going wraith form until you get high enough in necro for Vampiric Embrace)

Bushido
    Necro
    Spirit Speak
    Weapon (archery or a 2-handed melee weapon with whirlwind. Or, go one handed with no shield, and use the free hand to chug potions)
    Tactics
    Chivalry or Healing (both if you have the right equipment to get 800+ total skill points)
    Anatomy

Once you get Necro high enough for Vampiric embrace, you can replace SS with Parry (or max out healing and chiv if an archer), and go over fully to Sampire.

#6 Basara, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. Leira of Asrai

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I chose swords for my sampire for 2 reasons. 1) Whirlwind 2) Higher damage weapons

My template is:
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Necro for vamp form to leech life
    120 Swords for whirlwind attack (you hit everything in melee range and the more you hit, the more you leech)
    Radiant Scimitar (1h) and Double Axe (2h)
    *The only fencing weapon with whirlwind is the Kama
    110 Bushido for increased whirlwind damage
    110 Parry
    80 Chivalry

... I actually made another sampire on my 2nd account who has 120 fencing. I find he is not nearly as effective as my sampire with swords.

#7 Leira of Asrai, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013