1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PvM Warrior Template??

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by marcelom, Nov 1, 2008.

1. marcelom

marcelom Guest

Hi guys, i am returning to uo, but i i missed the last 8 years of this game, so this is an abslolute new game for me.. i wish to ask you, what template should i use for a PvM Warrior? i would like to see your advices to help me decide what to do with my character development.
    Is Lumberjacking still worth to have it with axes?
    What about Bushido?
    I must say i have a new account, so i have no items, no money, no veteran rewards, nothing.. But tbh i picked lots of equipments in the ground just walking around Britain and New Haven banks, just no more than that.
    Hope you can help me out
    Regards!

2. The most effective templates currently are the Sampire and Wammy.

Sampire (Use Vampiric Embrace for Vamp Form)-

120 Weapon Skill
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy or Resist
    100 Necro
    60 Chiv

Wammy (Use Wraith Form)-

120 Weapon Skill
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    100 Tactics
    100 Spirit Speak
    100 Necro
    60 Chiv

3. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Why 60 Chiv? I'm in the same boat... being new and all. Although I've found gold to be extremely easy to come by with 3 week old peace warrior (music, peace, swords, tactics, healing, anatomy, alchemy).

I like my peace warrior a lot, and I really like having alchemy on him. I can already tell that he won't be able to handle the really high end stuff. But he's nice and low-key.

Current goal for this character is:
    GM Music
    120 Peace
    GM Swords
    GM Tactics
    90 Healing
    90 Anatomy
    GM Alchemy

No plans on changing him because he's fun and versatile. But I have more character slots... ;)

4. GFY

GFY Guest

60 Chiv will allow you to cast all the chiv buffs without too much trouble. Personally I like rezzing the entire team with one spell, so I went for 100 Chiv and never looked back.

Lumberjacks are great for...wait for it... CHOPPING WOOD! :lol: The DI you used to get form it was nerfed but your lumberjack with gm or so swords can defend himself well vs. most wandering monsters.

Bushido has become the skill of choice for most warriors atm. Combining it with chivalry give you great damage dealing potential and very good healing potential if you combine this with 4/6 casting/ cast recovery.

Try working up something like this;

Weapon 100
    Bushido 100
    Parry 100
    Chivalry 100
    Tactics 100
    Anatomy 100
    Healing 100

This will give you a very good starter template that you can modify later as you gain scrolls, items and experience. You should be able to solo some mid to high level monsters and get a good income from adventuring.

5. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the tips.

How bad was lumberjack nerfed? What is the current DI? I'm curious because well.. yeah I was considering it. I have a crafter without lumberjack, in order to have tinkering/tailoring/smithing/carpentry/mining/bowyer/arms lore. So I need another character with lumberjack, or make a second crafter and divide the skills. (I admit I don't know the current required skills to make all craftables but I think this covers most of it.)

I was thinking of this:

60 Chivalry
    GM Lumberjack
    GM/120 Swords
    GM Tactics
    GM Healing
    GM Anatomy
    GM/120 Bushido

Thanks!

6. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

7. Zy'ana

Zy'ana Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Does a warrior not need resist nowadays?
    and when i read all the posts about nerfing the sampire, what exactly did they nerf, or is it yet to be nerfed? If people still advise you make them.

8. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

I love your template. I had a peace/pally/sammy for a long while.

120 peace
    120 music
    120 macing
    120 bushido
    100 tactics
    70 chive
    70 focus

Hands down one of my favorite chars but since the greater dragons came in and dragons were his special place Ive lost all need of him. I am kinda mad about this ( do have a tamer too) and have since made him into an over scrolled necro/SW/mage.

9. Out of Date

Out of Date Guest

I don't like having to rely on potions or magic foods.
    I've had a warrior with
    120 weapon skill
    120 parry
    120 bushido (ringed up)
    100 anatomy
    100 tactics
    82 healing
    60 chivalry
    Enough necro to skill up for vamp form

Since the vamp form got nerfed I'm now about to try a new template
    since I feel that for PvM (wich I do) I wont need resist, and I would have to
    rely on potions and magic foods so I can't see how I could fit 100 necro in there
    so I'm about to try this:

120 weapon
    120 parry
    120 bush (ringed)
    100 tact
    100 anat
    85 healing
    60 chivalry
    20 necro
    22 spirit

In THEORY I think this template should work okay. I think he'll be much the same as he was before the nerf. And he used to be great. I could just about solo DF with him.
    Don't need a super expencive suit for it either, just a weapon with a good deal of HML and HLL

10. GFY

GFY Guest

Have you thought about something like this?

Weapon 120
    Parry 120
    Bushido 120
    Anatomy 100
    Tactics 100
    Resist 120
    Chivalry 80

You'll need 40 points worth of something to make this work but if you use chiv and confidence for healing and curing you'll have 120 resist to deal with all those de-buff spells that monsters can cast on ya.