1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Pvmers & Imbuing - what to think about before it arrives.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Petra Fyde, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Or to be more accurate, unravelling.

Reading the information I'm gathering there are 3 ingredients recovered from unravelling, dependent up on the intensity of the mods on the item you unravel.
    Magical Residue
    Enchanted Essence
    Relic Fragment

To get a Relic Fragment, you would need 4 item properties at 100% intensity each or 5 item properties at 80% intensity each, etc
    (things like UBWS and Nightsight count as a 100% intensity property)

So........ How often have you come across a piece that had really nice mods, but was the wrong weapon type? or it was something like platemail legs? Those now have a use. We will be able to unravel them to allow us to add properties to something that *is* the right weapon type. Imbuing isn't here yet, which means we have some time to accumulate these items to have a supply of high end ingredients when it comes in.

2. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

as I understand the areticle, it will be a one shot deal. You can repair the item, but it will eventually wear out, since you can't use powder of fortification on it. I guess by then you'll have replacement parts ready to make another

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yes, there's a cost to imbuing, powder will no longer work on the item. However if you powder it up to max before you imbue and repair it regularly it would still last quite a while before it wore out.
    By the time it got to that stage it would probably be someone else's problem on this shard anyway :D