1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PvP academy is underway!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by archite666, Mar 1, 2009.

1. archite666

archite666 Guest

2. archite666

archite666 Guest

Thanks for the pms, post here though so other people can comment.

I hope to be up and running in the next few weeks, which is awesome due to the fact of how many NEW we have running around.

3. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I hope lesson one will be something along the lines of "dueling is virtually a worthless form of pvp" and from there proceed on to field pvp where there aren't fifty thousand rules that no one can agree on and anything goes.

4. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds good Cash. I've got many heritage tokens so PM me and I'll hook you up.

5. Nickster

Nickster Guest

does your char have to be fully trained to benifit from your academy?

thanks

6. archite666

archite666 Guest

Hell no! Pretty much any char, any skills, anything!

I can't teach stealing, though I know most the tricks im not an expert, well actually I guess I could teach a basic thief some things but there are those on the shard more capable than I.

Even if your a crafter I will train you on tactics for getting away from PKS, I know that seems like anti pvp, but some of it may be offensive and I want an opportunity for everyone to learn something, and this may hook someone into pvping later down the road.

7. archite666

archite666 Guest

Speedy, that sounds awesome! the more the better!

8. Looks great Cash. Are you charging for learning at this acadamy? if not, perhaps you should....2k gold per 1/2 hr or 20k per 7hr a week...something on those lines.

9. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

meeb promise to wear deodorant ......

10. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Lesson 2 will be figuring out that lesson 1 is pretty much why Revvo could only ever play a dexer half way decently... and only when his items were far superior to his competitions.

It's why you went to WOW isn't it? The ultimate "my items not my skill is better than you" game.

cheers

11. archite666

archite666 Guest

hey! knock that **** off in my thread.

Anyway, No charge, I will always accept donations especially deco for the house.

Or any armor they want to give as I will have some free use chests for students

12. Cash, you are in a league of your own....I'm sure I can muster up a couple of ht's too...even though you are the enemy. :)

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Cash... I am a bit confused. Who were you telling to knock off? I have some stuff to donate. Items that are OK, yet I would never miss. What are you looking for?

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

*Thinks cash just wants a group of people calling him Sensei, Master, or Wise one*

15. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

:)

Who are you on Siege again?

16. archite666

archite666 Guest

And what is wrong with that? :scholar:

17. archite666

archite666 Guest

I was being preemptive about the on coming board pvp, I'm not really looking for anything, once I get the school up I will know a little more about what the students may want.

18. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Just a thought, how about having one of the floors a choke point??
    One of the floors a "woods", basically placeing immovable objects to make it kinda more "field" realistic?

I posted on other thread wasnt sure if it was the right place so posting here too.

19. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Cash PM me or ICQ me. I'll get ya those tokens, and I'd be interested in helping you teach the mages ^^

20. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Better plan a field trip. Teaching thieving techniques are best done when there are NPC's around. A nice quiet town per se :) ...la

21. Tairon

Tairon Guest

Who will be instructing these sessions, experts from various styles?

22. archite666

archite666 Guest

Um experts arnt required as to a certain point, you just need to learn the basics.

Not to mention everyone will be wanting to teach, Im open to the idea of others helping.