1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PVP Archer/Tamer

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Mercurio2234, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Mercurio2234

Mercurio2234 Guest

Hi, I am making my tamer into an PVP and I was wondering which skills should I add by dropping Vet?

120 Archery
    110 Tactics
    115 Taming
    105 Lore
    100 Anatomy
    60 Chivarly
    85 Healing
    95 (Vet)

I am carrying a total skill points of 783, lots of jewels and huntress headresss.

I will be using a Dread/Mare combo; I have a xbow for dismount feature, and a very good composite bow for Armor Ignore.

Any suggestions or even tactics to help would be greatly appreciated!

2. CroMag1980

CroMag1980 Guest

Not exactly what you wanted just a suggestion, get assassin armour and +5 stealth cloak

arch 120
    tame 115
    lore 110
    resist 120
    stealth 40 + 30 from assassin suit + 5 stealth cloak
    hide 100
    tact 90
    ninja 50 for smokebomb

All kill, dismounting, stealthing, resist, smokebombing. You will need prob brace of health for hrp and ep for sure, maybe drop resist for vet but either no resist or no vet will equal extra hassle but a 60 SSi heavy is a joy to behold. You will not be armor ignoring the crap out of people with the lower lmc due to assassin suit but who dies to AI's when they have parry anyway?

I've been using a 50 lightning composite at 60 SSI 150+ stam 30 HLD and over-capped dci people with parry can stand there and type messages like "don't bother lol" and they're right hehe. Kind of embarassing.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

My PvP archer/tamer looks like this:

120 Archery (prefer the Spirit of the Totem over Hunter's Headdress)
    120 Tactics
    115 Lore
    110 Taming
    110 Vet (no fun relying on others to rez your pet)
    80 Chiv
    60 Med

I have 4/6 for chiv heals and use a dread mare. One macro dismounts and says "all kill," next activates dismount special and attacks last.

4. Mercurio2234

Mercurio2234 Guest

I will just store my Vet skills into a soulstone so whenever I go champ spawn, I can just retrieve it...

I was thinking something defensive, perhaps Resisting Spells or Bushido?

5. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Resist spells. Bushido isn't defensive in nature. At least...not with an archer. Melee...different story.

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You're going to soulstone vet? Do you plan to rez your pet more often than once a day?

Some people do it - indeed, PvP bush/tamers don't have much of a choice. Still, makes your toon pretty useless for solo player or PvM. :-(

Regardless, I agree w/ Diomedes: go resist, if you're choosing between resist and bush.

7. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

I generally do not have any issues with solo play or PvM with out vet. But I do not normally PvM with my pvp tamer. I know it goes against the solo play part, but I usually PvM on it with my wife around, but even with out that just picking the right combo of pets for the right situation usually ends up being good, until the renegade guildie comes along and disco's your pets and sicks their dragon it >.>