1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PVP.. bane vs. dread

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by [JD], Sep 18, 2010.

1. [JD]

[JD] Guest

There's no question each has its pros/cons... but which do you like better for PVP, and why?

you want the quickest kill... so what would mess a dismounted person up more?

I'm looking only at the pvp pro's cons... I'm excluding other non pvp factors

dread pro:
    smaller graphic, less intrusive
    fire breath
    spellcasting
    no slayer to use against them... I think

dread con:
    doesn't spawn any more so if you happen to find one, its stats/skills/resists will be less than optimal

bane pro:
    Plentiful - you can still get them, and you can get a higher pet calc rated one than the average warhorse
    Poison breath
    spellcasting

bane con:
    Huge annoying graphic, hard to click around you
    Peckish spam - we don't yet know how this affects the pet (negatively, if so how much)
    dragon slayer book/weapon/bow VERY easy to get... can be killed in 4-5 slayer ebolts

ive got these available to me... trying to consider between them.. thanks

dread
    hp 630
    str 520
    int 125
    phy 70
    fire 25 (ouch)
    cold 40
    poi 55
    energy 45

bane
    hits: 647
    str: 520
    int: 133
    phys 69
    fire 50
    cold 38
    poi 59
    enrg 31
    *had 109 or 110 tac pretame

bane has better resists... but if its a pvp pet under a pvp archer/mage, it would be "protected" from random attackers so i wonder just how much defenses matter. theoretically you would want the best offensive creature you could get for pvp, so high str, high int for lots of nukes, etc...

also, everything else on these will train to max (125 dex, 100 wrestle, etc)

2. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

In my opinion there is no contest between the dread warhorse and the bane dragon. I have basically stopped using my bane dragon. The bane dragon has higher dps than the dread warhorse, but it is extremely vulnerable to mystics carrying slayer spell books. A mystic with a dragon or reptile slayer spell book can kill a bane dragon with two or three hail storms, and there is no way you will be able to heal through it.

3. Requiem_baja

Requiem_baja Visitor

Ya, bane is useless in PvP. My scribe mystic will kill it in 2 hailstorms. Even if i dont kill it the first hailstorm I hit it with will take its poisonbreath damage down to like 15.