1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PvP does UO still have it (PLZ read)

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Aasmius, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Aasmius

Aasmius Guest

I haven't played since just after UO:R. Does UO still have an active PvP life? Which server offers the best PvP players?

I wish to reactivate my account from 97 after all these years if there is an active PvP server still in UO. (not interested in free servers)

Gathering info for a handful of us that are thinking about coming back.
    Plz give your two cents

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I believe that PVP is alive and kicking on most shards. The style varies a little from shard to shard with some more focused on champs or factions or gate/house-fighting. PVP has changed a lot in the last 12 years especially since the game went item/skill based instead of strictly skill based - but it is not that hard to put together a suit that is decent.

3. MiNi MaGi

MiNi MaGi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

uos pvp is up and down.. i would tell u to just make new characters on diff servers and check out there fel areas to find an active server for when your on.. honestly i found that baja(even though its westcoast) had the BEST/ACTIVE pvp on uo period and i have been on ALL uos servers. from yew gate to spawns/harrys (mainly harrys/spawns) but SI loves to gate fight so does MSI i think.. but its kinda of a dead shard as far as items go.. so i would make a char on like atl/gl and then xfer... but either way best of luck to you.

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I disagree on Baja, out of the umteen times I've scouted for action I haven't found any.

5. MiNi MaGi

MiNi MaGi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

oh well nobody likes u anyways... :D but if he was smart he would just scout all the servers cause if i say atl is active maybe thats just when im on not when he is..

6. Aasmius

Aasmius Guest

HOw PvP active is your shard?? (plz read)

I wish to reactivate my account from 97 after all these years if there is an active PvP server still in UO. (not interested in free servers)

I haven't played since just after UO:R. Does UO still have an active PvP life? Which server offers the best PvP players?

Gathering info for a handful of us that are thinking about coming back.
    Plz give your two cents

I hear you are (Atlantic) is/an active server

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Merged near identical threads.

8. Aasmius

Aasmius Guest

on different shard boards i need to gather info from each

9. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

If you need to reach all shards, I recommend a single post in UHall.

10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Actually, these two were both on Atlantic. ;)

One thing you might want to ask about is the style of PVP. Do you prefer the gank-squad style where numbers overwhealm any opposition? Do you prefer the honorable 1v1 duels? Do you prefer the lone PK style? Do you prefer fairly balanced wars?

Some shards seem to be gank-dominated while a guild with a heavy factions base might be a little more balanced. Not positive, but it may help.

11. MiNi MaGi

MiNi MaGi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

advice from da forum god who doesnt pvp...:dunce:

12. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Oh... I've done plenty of PVP over the years, I just gave up when it became P-V-Hack/Script.

Either way, PVP styles vary and it is still a good idea to check for the style the OP may want and like. Some prefer the rat-pack-gank-squad style and some prefer the true 1v1 trials.

13. UltimateNoob

UltimateNoob Guest

Pacific is quite lively in terms of PvP and currently all accounts are active till mid October so you can check it out before deciding whether to renew your subscription. Our guild's forums www.pwnuo.com discuss some of the active pvp on Pacific.