1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PvP HELP

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by TyGerEyez, Jun 8, 2008.

1. TyGerEyez

TyGerEyez Guest

Thanks for taking your time to read this, i am at a wits end for pvp'ing. I have made two chars, listed below...... as templates suggested and i feel i have made a serious mistake , they both seem to suck, please tell me where i went wrong !! LOL

Sampire
    120 Busido/Swords/tactics/healing/anat W/ 85 chiv & 35 Necro
    Bare stats are 100str/90dex/35int

2nd toon is confusing, not sure what its called even lol.........
    120magery/Eval/parry/Anat/busido w/ 100med
    it was the suggested template of a friend who called himself a god at
    pvp..........i was thinking of trading Busido for necro/120........
    and NO idea what to make his base stats !! 100 str/30dex/95int ?

And now i'm getting grief from alot of folks in game about not having resist, i
    mean DANG........what am i too do, if i pick up resist, i lose something else !!

ANY help with these templates OR if you know a Better template for one
    Mage type and one Melee Type..........PLEASE lemme know i'm so
    Frustrated trying so hard to find two good templates for these two
    Slots.........thank you all very much for any input and have a VERY
    Nice day =))))):stretcher:

2. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Take that mage template and trash it...

A good mage template is teh Necro Mage.

120 mage eval spirt speak resist
    105 necro
    rest in med

Get a nice suit with Mana regen pieces and that would help ya a bit.

3. Pariah_KoV

Pariah_KoV Guest

Step one, never take someone else's template directly. Take tips, advice, but never the straight template. You don't know the base behind it, the idea of how it goes into combat or the tricks to winning.

Figure out how you want to play. Do you want to be offensive? Defensive? Do you want to balance yourself out or excel in one or the other. Do you know what each skill is in that template for? Do you know how to use that skill how it's meant in that template in order for it to be successful?

Also what does your gear look like? For one 90 dex on any melee type (especially with healing) is no where near enough.

Your mage is just... trash it like Omni said. For one you have parry/bushido but no weapon skill to wield a bokuto. So unless you're using a staff (for parry/bushido) you're essentially waisting 200+ skill points you've put on your character. Think about necro, or maybe a straight mage with poisoning keeps you warm at night. You need to check out all your options and make the character that you're happy with and that YOU can play. Not your buddy's template (unless of course you find out how to make it work for you).
    If you need any other insight or ideas feel free to pm me.

4. Still Frame

Still Frame Guest

Sampire isnt pvp AT ALL.

Your mage template is worthless as well

120 mage eval med resist wrestle
    100 or higher parry/scribe/poisoning

Plus why is your stat cap only 225? it should be minimum 230 just from a 6 month old account. Get atleast a +15 stat scroll and do something like

str 100 dex 25 int 125

5. TyGerEyez

TyGerEyez Guest

Ok still have not gotten any good pvp templates, so i'm begging once again, anyone out there with a GOOD pvp caster and melee (want one of both) template for pvp ?
    Also since i came back i have noticed alot of huge changes....... So what about spots like painted caves.......i mean OMG.......nothing i got , even my tamer can go head to head with them..... all i have is btw, the Hu-rsh bird, the rune beetle, a White wyerm, a dragon, even a fire steed and fire beetle, no there is no dogs on our server :sad3: So how does one kill such monsters ............ :gee: Thanks for any suggestions !!!!!!

6. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Moving this to a better forum for template questions and advice for ya. :)

Good luck! :thumbup1:

7. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You were given a necro mage template for starters by Omnicrom. And if none of your characters, including a tamer, can survive in Painted Caves, you got bigger problems than your PvP templates.rolleyes:

Try a necro mage:

120 Magery
    120 Eval
    120 Med
    120 Resist
    120 Necro
    120 Spirit Speak

If you have less than a 720 skill cap, you can drop necro down to 105 as he mentioned. If you need more points, drop Med until you meet your cap.

Another mage template

120 Magery
    120 Eval
    120 Resist
    120 Med
    100 Inscription
    120 Wrestle

Or you could use above template and sub in Poisoning for Inscription.

I run a dexxer that is:

120 Swords
    120 Bush
    120 Resist
    120 Parry
    90 Tactics
    80 Chiv
    70 Med

He's an axer, and does ok.

Others have mentioned, find a template that you like and then practice, practice, practice until you learn it's strengths and weaknesses and how to counterract others attacks on you. Be prepared to lose insurance while you learn. Have fun.

8. ark333

ark333 Guest

for example, my PVP template is a necro/mage/fencer:

(im playing in a shard with skill limit 100)

100 mag
    100 med
    100 necro
    100 eval
    100 sspeak
    100 wres
    100 fencing
    80 resist
    20 tactics

I'll eventually raise resist up to 100, dropping tactics. I added fencing in order to have a chance to defend myself again warriors, and since my primary role is mage, I dont have neither tactics, nor anatomy. I had poisoning, but dropped it in advantage to fencing, which in PVM is very effective, and for PVP as well.