1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PvP Mage Template?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by N49ATV, Mar 18, 2009.

1. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Hey guys, just getting back into the PvP scene, and havent ever really done much mage PvP

I stoned the tamer (wont pvp that way, except defence when Im on tamer)

So right now I have

115 Mage
    115 EI (ate a 120)
    115 Med
    115 Resist
    91 Anat
    Starting Wrestle (will replace anat for disrupt)

So left on stones I have
    100 Hide
    75 ninja
    100 scribe
    75 Stealth
    rest is tamer/bard/t-hunter stuff
    Also considering working nox, although its only 2 chugs away to cure, meh, something to fill the void.

2. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Of 14 views no one can suggest a skill to full in the last spot, or a split of hybrid skills to fill the void?

3. Blindside

Blindside Guest

105 magery
    120 eval
    120 resist
    100 med
    100 anat
    100 scribe
    75 bushido

just a idea

4. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Just curious, what's the benefit of Bushido on a mage?

For the last skill, depends on your need.

If you want more damage, inscription.
    If melee'ers keep causing you trouble, parry.
    Poison is decent for pvm, ok but not great for pvp (it harasses those that carry two handed weapons with no resist since they need to disarm).

hmm, can't think of many other ideas right now.

I also did alchemy once, still have it stoned. Fun to play a mad bomber mage.

5. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Assuming you're going for 120s when you get them:

120 Magery
    120 Eval Int
    120 Resist
    120 Wrestle
    120 Med
    100 Scribe / 120 Parry

or

120 Magery
    120 Eval Int
    120 Resist
    100 Anat
    110 Med
    100 Scribe
    50 Bushido (Confidence is great!)

Options:

-Stone Wrestle, bless a Spell Channeling, No Penalty Mage Weapon
    -Scribe if you're confident in your ability to fend off dexers.
    -Parry if you feel like dexers are just too much, especially the ones decked out in Faction Arties.

*I highly suggest trying for 60 DCI, 70 being max needed for HLD proof.
    *If you decide to work Parry, 80 Dex is needed to have max potential. In this case, 50 EP + Greater Agility & Greater Strength potions are your friends, as they should be with any template.

With 255 Stat Cap:

95 Str
    50 Dex (Will need the 50 EP to reach 80-81 Dex)
    110 Int

If you plan on being Factions, having; Crimson Cincture, Folded Steel Glasses, and Fey Leggings, you can adjust your stats to have more HP and Mana.

6. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I will be going factions, once I get a little training under my belt. I will stone wrestle once I get a good -20 spell channel wep. But I keep hearing about this no penalty SC. I have yet to come across a wep in my PvM adventures that is no penalty. From what I have read SC is an auto FC-1 (even though its not written). Can anyone confirm this. So really I would need to find a SC FC 1 wep, to have a no penalty. Of couse aiming for -20, so I can get faction rin of +20 and balance it out.

Also is scribe really worth it? Since SDI is capped at 15% for PvP, so will this go above this 15%? Since I have a few blessed spellbooks with 29%SDI, so no even sure its worth it. Altough there are the perks for the buffs/debuffs. Not sure thats worth 100 points.

7. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

15% SDI cap for PvP, with items. 10% additional for GM Scribe.

8. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Spellchanneling weapons default to a FC -1 which is written on the weapon. If you find a weapon that truly has spellchanneling (FC-1) AND the FC 1 property, the FC -1 and FC 1 cancel each other out and you will not see the property on the weapon - you will only see Spellchanneling.