1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(PvP) Need gear suggestions for gargoyle

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Cobbobles, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Cobbobles

Cobbobles Guest

I am currently running with a gargoyle character with a skill set that looks like

Swords
    Throwing
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Resists
    Poisoning
    Healing

I have recently returned to the game and I know next to nothing about what kind of gear is being used for pvp or what all to be looking for. I know that I need to hit the 45% HCI cap and 70 resists. I do not know what kind of str/hp/dex/stam/int/mana to be shooting for. Granted, I only have my skills at 5x GM so far, but I am getting rocked without the slightest chance even against people with similar skill levels...I can barely land a hit with 35% HCI...so any advice is appreciated.

2. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You need to aim for after pots
    180+ stamina ( if you want to use soulglaive)
    145-150 hp
    140+ dex for max speed bandages

40 lmc
    unsure about mana, but i guess at minimum 70-80
    45 hci from items
    60-70 dci
    5-20 ssi on suit can be helpful
    some ep
    100 di helps, but people run with less and rely on damage from weapon specials
    mr is helpful if you can fit it
    no shield equipped with throwing weapon

Look for the following equipment
    Folded steel reading glasses
    Crimson cincture (maybe tangle)
    Breastplate of the berserker ( if you cannot find one, maybe a void infused kilt will do well for a while)
    Rangers armor of augmentation or altered quiver of infinity
    Conjurer's garb
    Mana phasing orb ( either hci or dci) ,maybe a slither
    Corgul's sash or Lt. sash
    boots with +int

A cheaper version could use folded steel glasses and everything else imbued.
    Add mana phasing orb, corgul's sash, quiver and a shroud of the condemned. But you need more hci,dci and ssi on your weapons now.

3. Cobbobles

Cobbobles Guest

Wow, thanks. That is actually a lot more helpful than anything I could have ever expected. It seems I will have my work cut out for me in trying to gather money for all of this, but atleast I have a set goal now.

One thing I was curious about, though. I see most people running with mace and shield for a helm...is this just a matter of what works better for a particular build...or a preference of defense chance increase compared to lower defense? It seems like a hard call, but I really wouldn't know much about it in actual use.

4. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Assuming that everyone serious has 70 dci these days, hld does nothing.
    Folded steel is the only decent item for gargs with dci on it, best solution is to have both glasses.

5. Cobbobles

Cobbobles Guest

Sir, I like your style. Now if only you can tell me where to find a sugar momma on atlantic.

Thanks again for the awesome info.

6. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I build my garg suits around folded steel. Makes your DCI level very easy to hit if you get the faction ones.