1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) PvP on Siege, does it exist? Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Podolak, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Hello Siege folks!

I've been contemplating doing a bit of PvP on Siege. I normally fill the x-healer role and run either a mystic or pure mage template. I sold most of my Siege assets a while back and before I invest the time in making up a suit I wanted to be sure it was worthwhile to do so. If I am only ever going to get destroyed by an army of stealth archer/throwers then it might not be the best move for me.

All opinions are welcome!

Thanks.

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

It depends how much you plan on pvp'ng, Siege pvp is fun....if you can find anyone to fight. It seems like it's only possible to get about 30 mins of pvp per day for the average person who isn't with a guild or group of friends.

3. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The brutal truth is no, you wont get destroyed by groups of anything you will just have a very frustrating time finding anyone willing to fight on a regular basis in a stand up pvp sense. If you want to pk then there are still enough opportunities around to have some fun but you will need a template with hiding, stealth and detect to have any chance.

4. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Fighting people who are disinterested in fighting back isn't necessarily what I am going for. I just remember Luna kind of being a battle zone. I wasn't sure with VvV if the battles may have shifted to other venues like the towns and so forth.

5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Look at it like this. The more PvPers that log in on Siege, the more PvP there will be on Siege.

6. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Its a chicken or egg thing. PvPers have short attention spans.

startle, Captn Norrington and Kat like this.
  7. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Well, Revvo pretty much hit the nail on the head. There aren't any large groups of PvPers. You may find a VvV fight once in a while, but more often than not, the participants are hidden. This is not intended to discourage you. Just the truth of the matter. We would love to have you back! The more people we can get back, the better chance we have of thriving again!

Captn Norrington and SpyderBite like this.
  8. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

the comments in this thread are pretty accurate. if you go out lookn..... you will find it. the more people we have on the shard the better. and that goes for everything, pvp and pvm. however, the best thing about siege is the community as a whole. there is no other shard like siege. don't just base it on what you see in this thread. go out, look around, start some fights, fnd a guild and the action will come!!

Kat, startle and Captn Norrington like this.
  9. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

my best advice is to built a template you can pvp with but still enjoy pvm'ing with and play the game you will see people to fight from time to time. This shard needs more players that's very true but its still fun to play. Be patient if all your looking for is pvp, its out there .

SpyderBite and Igg A Pie like this.
  10. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I have seen more PvP going on the last weeks, Siege slowly start to wake up again.
    About the "Its a chicken or egg thing"
    I would say, it's a balance between sheep and wolves, if to many wolves, it hurt we will lose to many sheep and to few sheep will make us lose wolves.
    However the Siege wolves tend to care about the sheep and not go to hard on them :)