1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PVP/PVM templates for new people.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kage, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Okay I made this thread in hopes that it would be added to the sticky section. This thread is for new players to the shard or returning players. I'm always seeing thread asking for template help. So I figured I would get it started then other players could add templates that they enjoy playing to the thread.

PVP Mage templates

Pure Mage

-120 Magery
    -120 Eval
    -120 Med
    -120 Resist
    -120 Wrestle
    -100 Inscribe

Tank Mage
    -120 Magery
    -120 Eval
    -120 Med
    -120 Resist
    -120 Weapon Skill (Fencing, Macing, Swords, Archery)
    -120 Tactics

Necro Mage

-120 Magery
    -120 Med
    -120 Eval
    -120 Resist
    -120 Spirit Speak
    -120 Necro
    *this template is best run with faction items* You will want to run a SCNP Mage weapon... If you are not factions then you will want to bless the Swords of Prosperity, Staff of Magi, Staff of Pyros, or Jana's Staff*

Warrior Templates

Bushido/noxer

-120 Fencing or Swords
    -120 Bushido
    -120 Parry
    -100 Resist
    - 95 Healing
    - 85 Anatomy
    - 80 Poison
    *I normally run this template max dci, and a little Mana Regen on my armor. The best weapon for this template is a Kryss with 50 fireball, 50 HLD, 30+HLA, and Damage Increase.

Taming Templates

Money Maker
    -120 Magery
    -120 Taming
    -120 Animal Lore
    -120 Vet
    -120 Music
    -120 Discord
    IMO the best template for farming and make gold.

Hide & Stealth/ Money maker/PVP
    -110 Magery
    -110 Taming
    -110 Lore
    -120 Vet
    -100 Hiding
    -95 Ninja (llama & Ostard forms)
    -75 Stealth

PVP Tamers

Wrestle/stealth tamer

-120 Wrestling
    -110 Taming
    -110 Lore
    -120 Ninja
    -100 Hiding
    -75 Stealth
    -85 Vet
    *I run max DCI, Max Hit Point Regen Armor, Bless a 50% enhance potions ring with DCI if you can get one,

I could go on and on with templates so I will let some other people pick up where I left off.

2. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

2 questions about the bushido/noxxer....

1. What does this char do for mana assuming he spams lighting strike?
    2. Do you equip a shield with this char? If not why?

3. Pathagiris

Pathagiris Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

no shield. when you have Bushido and parry a shield lowers your block chance. 2 handed wep gives you max parry chance and 1 handed gives you less. the exact numbers are on stratics if you search for them.

4. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

1. Well considering you have no tactics. Spamming lightning strike cost very little mana and so does poison. So just run around MR6 and a little LMC and you should be fine.

2. No I do not but even with a one hander you will parry a ton.

5. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

I like mage tamer
    120 Mage
    120 Eval
    120 Resist
    120 Taming
    110 Lore
    80 Vet
    50 Med
    With mage wep and with faction items running max DCI and 9 mana regen and 25LMC or something like that

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I approve of this thread and will consider it's future if it pans out. I love seeing templates I could never play.

7. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

kage your bushido/noxer template is very interesting and I have been trying to come up with a really good and unique bushido noxer template but the only problem I have with this template is it forces you to have high dex for fast healing with the aids. What about dropping anatomy and healing and going with....

120 fencing
    120 Bushido
    120 parry
    100 resist
    100 SS or chiv
    80 med
    80 poison

This way you can use a good kryss with the mods you mentioned but with 30 ssi and still get max swing speed and with the med you now have 2 sources of healing with ss and bushido and can even throw in some evades without the fear of running out of mana.

8. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

I Like to run Nox/Mage

120 Magery
    120 Eval
    120 Med
    120 Resist
    120 Fence
    80-100 Poison
    rest in Focus for even more mana regain.

You will hardly ever run out of mana, granted you wont do as much damage with your spells without inscription, but if you arnt that good at combos it doesnt matter. Instead use the poison and get people down slow in pvp, the Deadly from magery and the lethal from wep poison give you chances to take em down (best in duels, field not quite as much)... Also nice at spawns.

9. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

*waiting for kage's input* cuz i am so ready to build me a bushido/noxer been waiting to come up with the perfect template. Or how bout this...

120 fencing
    120 Bushido
    120 parry
    120 resist
    100 SS or chiv
    100 poison
    40 necro

I like this one cuz the 40 necro will give you gm focus which shoulkd give you pretty good MR

Well let me know what you think so i can get started on this char.

10. Thanks very much for making this thread, Kage. I spend more time faffing about trying to get hold of someone in icq who can come give new folk template advice than I spend doing anything else.

11. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Also Kage could you plz put a give template for farming other than taming. Whats the next best farming template hat doesnt envolve animals that can defend themselves?

12. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I approve this message !

Nice write up on the subject.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

13. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

Sampire (best pvm temp without taming)
    120 weapon
    120 parry
    120 bushido
    100 tactics
    100 anat
    100 necro
    60 chiv
    Pending on the monster (some peerless) I will drop 100 anat and throw in 100 resist. Must haves, high dex, good weapon (high mana leech, stam leech, di, and lower d helps, I usually use the glasses), vamp form, and an armored swamp dragon. I can solo a baracoon in about 2 minutes. Honor, enemy of one, conscrete weapon than spam lightin strike and you are good to go.

14. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ok well the reason I run the template with healing is because you have to have high dex anyway. If your dex is under 80 you get a penalty for parry so running low dex makes parry useless and you also would not evade spells as much either. Also I forgot to mention I run enhanced bandages as well.

15. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm also confused as to what you mean when you say 40 necro will give you gm focus. I think you're confused on this so please explain. That way one of us can clear this up.

16. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I was going to ask this one as well.

17. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

You need anatomy at 100 to get the evade bonus, and you also need tactics. :dunce:

18. Black magick

Black magick Guest

I like the healing variation of the sampire.
    120 wep
    120 bush
    120 tactics
    100 necro
    95 heal
    85 anat
    80 chiv
    Run it with high dex, preferably swords or macing. As hugi said, high mana and stam leech, di, ssi, and I prefer HLA for the dci you lose without parry. Use the glasses for 30 hld as well. Vamp form, armored swampy, max hci unless you just want to spam lightning strike all the time. Honor, enemy of one, divine fury, consecrate wep. (unless you use AI)

19. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Well before i quit i remember you could get 40 necro and use items for the other 60 points in necro to cast into vamp form and i thought vamp form was like having gm focus as far as regen rate goes. Has this changed?

20. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Hmmm pretty good...is there a reaso to put necro to gm other than vamp form?

21. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes now if you take the items off you will be kicked out of that form.

22. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

This is no longer the case. You have to have the actual skill to hold necro forms. So if you cast vamp embrace with items that get you to 100, as soon as you remove an item and go below 100 you will lose your form. Fairly recent change. (Inside of a year)

23. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Grrrr that really bites...this complicate things. Kage you bushido noxer is a good template but to run it you have to have top notch gear or faction gear. I'm looking for a bushido/noxer template for a char that is a lil more item challenged.

Hugi: Thank you for the farming template just may ressurect my old char just to run this one.

24. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Then run it like this.

120 Weapon
    120 Parry
    120 Bushido
    100 Anatomy
    100 Heal
    80 Poison
    80 Med

If you're in factions then fey legs are only 5k Silver not bad for 20 DCI
    But even if you you run gm armor and just run DCI Jewls with DI on them you will be fine as long as your dex stays above 80 and you don't need HCI because you are going to be lighting striking with a hld weapon and spamming poison...

Also the faction crimson give you +10 DEX, If you chug a dex potion with 50EP you will get 31 dex, I mean you do not have to run this with faction items it can easily be done without them.

There are also potions that you can steal from monsters that give you stats. I know you had a thief back in the day so would not be a bad thing for you to do when you're bored. there is a dex potion that gives you an extra 10 dex and last for 30 minutes.

25. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else have any templates to add?

26. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Necro/Mage/Weaver

120 mage
    120 med
    120 eval
    120 weaving
    120 ss
    110 necro

ABC Archer/Weaver

120 archery
    110 weaving
    90 tactics
    90 healing
    90 anatomy
    90 bushido
    75 chiv
    50 med

Sampy

120 swords
    120 bush
    120 parry
    100 tactics
    100 anatomy/resist
    100 necro
    60 chiv

Healer/Sampy

120 swords
    120 bush
    120 parry
    100 tactics
    100 heal
    100 necro
    60 chiv

27. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

How will healing work without anatomy?

28. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Ok one more noob question....how much hci does lighting strike give you at lets say 120 bushido? In percentage terms .

29. Rykus

Rykus Guest

Are necro warrior templates no longer viable? I don't actively PvP with you guys who use a bunch of faction arties, but I do PK tamers, and other farmer types on occasions, and do very well with a necro warrior template. It's also very versatile for both solo, and group support, such as at champ spawns. I have about 30 filled soulstones, but what run most looks like this:

120 Swords
    120 Spirit Speak
    115 Necro
    100 Tactics
    84 Healing
    81 Anatomy
    50 Meditation
    50 Bushido

This template allows me to never fail to cast a strangle, or revenant. I can rez people (I typically do after killing someone), plus it's very nice to have bandage heals with low MR. Using my 30 SSI, 50% Fireball Ornate Axe (shown in the Siege wep thread), I hit like a truck, and have the 50 Bushido for Lightning Strikes.

Overall it's a very versatile template, and I can easily plug-n-play other skills for some variety. For example, right now I have removed the 84/81 healing/anat, and have put Animal Lore/Veterinary on so I can run my pair of bonded (very well trained) bake kitsunes so I can farm ToTs quickly. They are very nasty considering I have no taming. The 84/81 lore/vet allows me to keep them healed very well, and I can rez them if needed. I use the dark wolf to control them, in case someone was wondering. I don't use these to PK/PvP, as I have my own RoE when it comes to fighting others, and it does not include using pets. I *might* consider using them in a sigil defense, but I haven't done that in quite a while.

Without telling me how much I suck for running a necro template in this era of items that remove curses (which most naked tamers don't seem to carry), please let me know if you have any suggestions/thoughts about this template. :)

30. Black magick

Black magick Guest

You can do it, but don't expect it to be worth much. As for your lightning strike question, all you need is for lightning strike to take effect for it to be max hci. So you could have 45 hci on ls at 50, just don't expect it to effect very often. The critical chance if that's what you mean is 20% if I'm not mistaken. @ rykus, see the comment to cheapy about the ls at 50 deal, other than that nothing comes to mind.

31. Taylor

Works well to keep you alive longer. Some newer players find it easier to have healing on their sampy. Only difference is, have to rely on chiv or pots to cure.

32. Rykus

Rykus Guest

Here Cheapy

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/healing.php

The only downside is no curing of poison, and no rezzing others. That's why I run 81 anat/84 heal.. I run in vamp form, but on the occasion that I get hit with lvl 5 or 6 poison, a quick bandage gets rid of it.

33. Taylor

Ask me if this is a popular template for new players. *nod*

Ask me if I use this template. *shaking head*

34. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

My Template...

120 Fencing / Swords
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    120 Tactics
    120 Meditation
    120 Resist

Pots, Confidence, Evade, Counter Attack

Armor Ignore, Lesser Poison, Faint or Nerve Strike depending on the weapon

No Mana Vamp, No Paralize

It's good it's evil, its fun!

35. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

My Other Template

120 Swords
    120 Bushido
    120 Ninja
    100 Hiding
    80 Stealth
    90 Tactics
    90 Meditation

Nerve Strike, Death Strike, Poison Star/Dart, Nerve Strike Again!

Also try and track if your human you have a base skill of 20 so it does succeede once in a while helps with dmg of your deathstrike!

Pots, Confidence, Smoke Bombs!

Animal Form, Mirror Image,

Once again all good fun depending on your play style!

36. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I think im not asking the question properly..... if i activate lighting strike do I automatically get a 45% hci bonus? What is the diffrence in 100 and 120 bushido? I'm confused. I guess it doesnt really matter cuz at the rate ROT is going it will be next year before I can play this char.

37. Rykus

Rykus Guest

As I understand LS, if you have 50 or higher Bushido, then you get the 45% HCI every time it's activated, period. I have exactly 50 bushido, and I rarely miss when fighting critters, and unless I'm fighting another person with parry, I also rarely miss a swing.

From the UO.com site:

I thought it was 45% HCI also, perhaps this hasn't been updated? In any case, I believe the only thing that scales with skill on this ability is the chance to get the critical strike.

38. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

What kind of bonus do u get? I want to run bush but i dont have the room for healing