1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

PVP Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Smoot, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Getting back into pvp after a few years, and cant help but think that hit lower defense has to be kinda useless now. With all the new items its extremely easy to get to 70dci even without faction arties, so would my weapon mod be better spent with something else? Any thoughts?

2. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What is the alternative? The intent of HLD is to improve your ability to land a hit and deal damage. If the majority of the defenders always have 45 DCI you are stuck with 50% chance of hitting them assuming you are not plauged by HLA and have HCI reduced.

To make up for missing 50% of the time you need to do twice the damage. It would be impossible to double your damage, but you could add a spell damage to your weapon plus SDI on your suit. This assumes you have laready maxed out STR, tactics, anatomy, etc.

Just some thoughts. Maybe think of the problem backwards. Consider maybe you need to lower their resistance instead, which ultimately improves your damage if your weapon attacks to that resistance or using consecrate. In this line of thinking you don't have to increase damage output, but improve the current affect of your current damage.

-Lorax

3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If your constantly going up agaisnt 70 DCI then yea HLD is a waste. I'd personally Reforge something on their useful to your temp.... If your throwing then Fireball / hit Velocity etc.. If not you can always do Mana Regeneration etc... Just depends what you need on your temp.

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What kind of weapon?
    I still use HLD on my dmount weapons. I guess it's just superstition for me but I feel like if the dmount and hld both hit at the same time it's going to be an easy kill. Also depends on the type of character you're fighting, hit lower attack isn't going to be a good replacement if you fight mostly mages. ;)