1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Throwing] pvp template help

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by growl, Feb 9, 2012.

1. growl

growl Visitor

Sorta new player here looking for help on throwing template.

So far I'm going with-

120 throw
    120 magicresist
    100 anatomy
    100 healing
    100 parry
    100 tactics

Should I add a skill like ninjitsu, or bushido or bump them all up to 120? Maybe 40 necro/spiritspeak for wraith form? Does leech even work in pvp?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would probably dump parry since it only works if you have a shield and by having a shield your hit chance is reduced. I tried it with 120 throwing and 120 parry about 6 months ago when they made the last change about being able to parry with throwing and I noticed that the miss ratio was pretty noticeable. I would probably replace parry with ninjitsu so that if/when you get dismounted you have to option of getting into form. As far as the rest of the template, it really all depends that templates your fighting against and are you looking at field fights, 1v1, or choke points at spawns and how fast you ping to the shard you play.

3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I have read that you get 20% penalty to your hit chance with 120 parry.

Note that hit chance is not hit chance increase. This mean with 120 weapon and 50% hci you will miss 20% of time vs 0 weapon and -50% dci (negative dci).

4. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

5. growl

growl Visitor

6. Cyric_SP

Cyric_SP Guest

This is for a PvM thrower. You have to have resist for PvP. Once they find out you have no resist, you're Para/Dead. Back in the day, you use to be able to use trapped pouches to break para. No idea if that still works as I haven't pvp'd at all in the month I've been back. It seems like they didn't change too much as far game mechanics so I assume this still works. Then again, how many trapped pouches do you really want to carry for pvp?

7. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Trap boxes still work great. That being said not sure why you really want bush on this. I would chug which takes away the need for evasion. Most of the other uses aren't there so for pure pvp I would drop the bush and put in resist or ninja.

8. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I gave you the link.