1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Qn : How do I auto-cancel vet rewards?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by AtlanteanAngel, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Qn : How do I auto-cancel vet rewards?

It's odd that the Enhanced Client doesn't have an option to cancel this gump (which appears each time you log in). I used to use UOAssist with the classic client, but I've since switched to the Enhanced Client, and have been having this problem since.

Can someone please help?

2. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

It doesn't even work in UOA anymore either :/

Its annoying, should be a regular feature of the client.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

LC:

Quit assuming just because you're having trouble with UOA that everyone else is.

I've been using UOA all during all this "UOA isn't working!" crap without a hiccup, let alone a failure to connect.

But yes, it needs to be added to both clients without UOA.

4. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

This is the first time I've stated something being wrong with UOA, I am not assuming anything, I am saying how me and everyone I know experience it, I haven't presumed to talk for everyone. It works fine on old installs, but new installs it does not work on. I don't know if anyone here gets it to work, but I don't know anyone, myself included who has made it work any time recently after installing UOA on a new OS install.

Quit assuming that just because you can do it, then it works for everyone else.

It might be because of where you're located compared to the update server, when you play or any number of factors, but its a fact that it was down to many.

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well it worked for me 5 min. ago and by the way my UOA never gave me a problem during all this.
    Quit assuming that just because you can not do it, then it is broke for everyone else.

6. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

I didn't say ANYWHERE that it was broke for everyone else, I said quite clearly stated "Me and everyone I know".

So you've recently completely reinstalled your OS and reinstalled UO and UOA?

7. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The short answer to the OP is:

It cannot be done, at the moment :(

8. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Step 1: Create a character on Chessie
    Step 2: Claim a commodity box, and as many ethy's as you can
    Step 3: Turn over all vet rewards to me

Guaranteed to resolve this issue until your next anniversary :)

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I quote:

LC, you stated, point blank, that something no longer worked, when in fact, it does.

You need to stop bouncing your reality checks...

10. Jesara

Jesara Guest

And Lord Drago wins for the best answer! :thumbup1:

11. Thanks Merion, and everyone else. Hopefully the Devs will read this thread and consider implementing an auto-cancel option.

12. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

Maybe you should do some reality checks yourself. that specific feature of UOA has been broken and not working for quite a while. ITS IRRELEVANT IF SOME PEOPLE CAN GET IT TO WORK, when it doesn't work for anyone under certain circumstances.

Simply because someone makes a general statement about something, doesn't mean it covers everything, it covers what they have experienced.

You never answered the questions, whether you've completely reinstalled your OS (Windows 7) and reinstalled UO and UOA.

13. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This statement says that it is no longer works period. A better statment could have been "It doesn't even work in UOA anymore for ME and everyone I know." in your opening statment.

As to your 2nd question. No I have not reinstalled UO(CC) and UOA in the last 3 months. Had to wipe my entire HD and reinstall everything due to a virus. Everything worked fine afterwards. Microsoft Windows XP Professional / IE8

14. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

Anyone with half a brain and not trolling would have known that from the get go.