1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quality hunting grounds for a bard...

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Gb8719, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Gb8719

Gb8719 Journeyman

Greetings! Playing a recently reactivated bard and enjoying exploring and getting more involved in the game. Quit many years ago and never had a chance to do anything like Doom, Champs, Peerless, etc. Back in the day you either provoked demons, blood elementals, or dragons in Destard. I'm enjoying getting into more dungeon crawling and just got into trying some mini-champ spawns in Stygian Abyss. I'm sitting at about 111 provoke, 105 music, and 108 peace, so I'm fairly suited for some harder content.

Any recommendations on good places to go to farm for artifacts, rare items, maps, and obviously gold? I love the idea of working on a difficult creature, like some of the Paragons that I've seen in Illshner at random times, or the mini-champs that I randomly go after in Stygian Abyss.

Maybe even some bosses that drop gear that would be good for a bard to use?

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

What is your template? Are you going to 120 on those skills? There is some content that you won't want to attempt solo unless you are 120 real or item based in those skills.

As you are now; Wrong is a good place to go for the new loot and plenty of things to prov though not the best payout in gold. Shame levels 1 and 2 should be okay but be careful going lower. If you fail a bit, you can quickly get over run. The abyss and underworld has some things you can farm for imbuing mats to sell.

3. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Some things you may want to look into:
    • Discordance Skill (will lower barding difficulty of the target, among other things ;))
    • Bard Masteries (nothing but bonus here, the timer and success bonus alone are worth it)
    • Barding Calculator (a little math never hurts, but monsters can if you are not prepared)
    Stayin Alive,

BG

4. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Mud elementals in Shame on Level 2 will serve you well. You get reasonable gold but more importantly you'll get loot. Even if alot of it is cursed or brittle etc, I've managed to outfit my bard with some really rediculous suits to go hunting in, just by what I've found in shame.
    Alot of people will nay-say the cannot repair/brittle/cursed gear, but look at it like pre AoS rules, and its not really a bother at all

Barry Gibb likes this.
  5. Gb8719

Gb8719 Journeyman

Thanks for the great responses.
    As of right now, I'm sitting at [unbuffed with jewelry]:
    105 music
    104 prov
    104 peace
    ~70 discord [work in progress]

I'll definitely check out those dungeons you've recommended. I read some stuff online about some new dungeon revamps where it almost seems like there is a "boss" at the end with artifact drops. Is that soloable or is that meant to be done with a group?