1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

quesions

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Un_elf, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Un_elf

Un_elf Guest

I played UO in the early years, stopped for 6 years, and now I might consider starting again.

I'll be brief, here are concerns I have about Siege perilous:

- Do people buy non GM made weapons and armors? And if not, how can you manage to build up a smith without outside help if you cant sell all the gear you'll work on?

- Is the economy saturated after all these years? Does everyone have like 1000k and there is no single room for housing in the whole world?

- (this one is general) Are there broken skills or special moves I should be aware of? Like one everyone uses and I should plan defenses against it or just plan using it?

Thanks for your time to whoever answers.

Witchking

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Hi Un Elf, please excuse me for moving your enquiry off the help thread.

To answer your concerns. You can train your smithing skills by filling smith bulk order deeds. These are obtained from npc smiths and handed in to them when completed. You will get a reward and gold for them, in addition to being able to claim another deed to fill in.

There is plenty of room for housing and Siege's economy is in a much better state than most shards.

3. K'torr

K'torr Guest

If you are planning on building a Smith, I would suggest you train up Mining first.
    It might be obvious, but this will give you a good supply of ingots to train Smithing on. Also, instead of doing BODs to train, you could just smelt the items you made back into ingots to be reused. Granted, this gets you no gold income, but you don't get that much gold from low end BODs, and the ingots you get back will be more useful.

Also, by having a high Mining, you will get more ingots back when you smelt the armor/weapons.

And when you need gold, selling the colored ingots you have accumulated while training Mining will get you FAR more than BODs ever will.