1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Quest completion not possible - bug?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fizzleton, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Fizzleton

Fizzleton Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi - tried to get rid of some "Untranslated ancient tome" and started completing the "Ye old gargish"-quest by Axem the curator. However, if I try to hand over the marked quest item (orange hue) my system says: "An item must be in a backpack [and not in a container within] to be marked as a quest item"

Can't complete the quest therefore. Anyone else the prob? Regards, Fizzle

PS: Item is of course in the backpack, and it has already been marked as quest item (the system message pops up stating "you have completed the quest"...)

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

First off I'm trying to understand this... The "Ye old Gargish" I think is the little gray pieces of which I think you need 5 of them not just one like the tome...

Secondly you don't GIVE him the item you toggle them as quest items and then you have to talk to the curator again. So you don't actually hand him anything from your bag just toggle them orange and then talk to him again by double clicking his bar.

Fizzleton likes this.
  3. Fizzleton

Fizzleton Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think this is the situation where "OMG" was meant for... I simply supposed that handing over the quest item would end the quest, and the error message you get doesn't help in any way. Thx MalagAste!
    (the quest you mean is named "Putting the pieces together" btw)

4. Deep Ellum Dan

it has confused me in the past with do i hand over the item or talk to the person.... lol wish it was all the same action ....

5. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

No usually they don't and it doesn't help that UO has 3 or 4 different Quest systems that all do things totally differently.

6. Deep Ellum Dan

ohh and i hate when they say they have nothing for you but you're like HEY.... im suppposed to get this quest from you. .but because you had some other quest active, you couldnt do the one you were looking for lol

7. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Those untranslated tomes are nice of find, BTW. What are they worth, 10k or so and some of those jewels you get from GM mining? I haven't gotten one in a long time.

8. Fizzleton

Fizzleton Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Got some doing t-maps in Ter Mur... Greater poison eles drop them, for example

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  9. Luc of Legends

Luc of Legends Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Fizzleton did you get the quest to work? You don't hand the book to Axem, you just double click. I just do the museum quest for books and sadly still don't have a full set of limit, collector, or 1st editions. *sigh*

10. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Then you don't want to hear how many of those I've trashed ...

11. MalagAste

Me either. Been working at it for a LONG time.