1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Question #3

Discussion in 'Question of the Week' started by Bo Riddler, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

For the purpose of this question, this is in a PvP situation.
  2. RayneStorm

RayneStorm Guest

No, beacuse in PvE, when we kill a target that DoT-ed us, it doesn't go away. People that suggest it should are just mad about dying to a dead warlock...oh the irony!
  3. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

But, a Warlocks pet fades upon the locks death, why shouldn't their spells as well?

4. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

But, a Warlocks pet fades upon the locks death, why shouldn't their spells as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pets are different, hunters pets fade when a hunter dies as well [​IMG]

I would think of it as their life force is what keeps the pet there. A DoT spell will fade once the time is completed and isn't connected at all to the spell casters life force.
  5. DJTyrant

DJTyrant Guest

Yes, DoTs in general are overpowered in PvP I think.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

DOTS from Priests and druids don't expire on their death. HOTS from priests and druids don't expire on their deaths.

Paladins have remove curse (or someone does)

We are already limited to what DOTS we can use in battle. we have many people that have trinkets that immune them to fear. DOTS last shorter time in PVP than in PVE. Dots do significantly less damage PVP than PVE. I could go on and on.

If your smart in PVP, you decimate the locks first. I know. I get decimated everytime they realize I'm on the field.
  7. DJTyrant

DJTyrant Guest

My damage completely drops off when I'm dead.

DoTs should break fear, I can trinket ONCE out of fear but the warlock has already cast a new one on me. Cloak works once a minute and for four seconds and is not 100% resistance, so it doesn't always work.

Pets go bye bye when Hunter's/Warlock's die, so should their dots.

Warlock utility in PvP is already huge, they could use some scaling back considering they are the original hero class.