1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about a Macro to put boots on

Discussion in 'UHall' started by REEFHAWK1969, Mar 12, 2013.

1. REEFHAWK1969

REEFHAWK1969 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is there a way to make a Macro to take your Sandals off and then put a pair of Stone Boots on? Thanks in advance for any help.

Spanky

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

In the Classic Client - I believe you'd need UOAssist to do it.

In the Enhanced Client - there is a macro for "Equip Item" and when you equip the boots - the sandals will automatically go to your backpack.

3. REEFHAWK1969

REEFHAWK1969 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

thanks for the response. I should have said I play the Classic Client with UO Assist. I can't figure out how to get UO Assist to recognize the boots or sandals. I do use UO Assist to help chug Pots. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

4. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Only way I think of is to use undress macro to bag, then dress alternate macro.

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Wish I could help there - but I've never even used UOAssist. Good Luck with it. :)

6. I JayJay I

I JayJay I Adventurer
    The Valorian Knights

Sorry for the late bump, from what I've been able to do is simply get naked and put the pair of boots, sandals whatever on ONLY, Set it as an alternative dressing only with the footwear (Within UOAssist), this will allow you to equip the footwear

as for taking them off, i just drag them off into backpack, i use the stone shoes for navy

if anyone figures out with the Classic client to be able to take shoes off with a macro that would be amazing.

#6 I JayJay I, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  7. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have worked on that macro for a LONG time now and have been unable to figure one out. I even experimented with the dress/undress and was unable to. I am praying someone figures it out for CC/Assist and actually shares it.

I JayJay I likes this.
  8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

if mall you do with Clasic Client is use Asist to help chug pot then move to the EC and all your dream will come true, of course if you cannot stop using the CC for other reason well you are SOL, have fun

9. Kylie Kinslayer

Not to go off topic but... that EC gives me a dang headache. That is why I prefer the CC. I will make do without a boot changing macro if having one costs me a headache from looking at the graphics on EC lol

10. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Is the headache complaint really descriptive of the problem when using EC? I ask because I have read here so many people complaining that the EC causes headaches. Is it really a head pain, or dizziness or some other situation that is just so obtuse or hard to explain that "it gives me a headache" suffices? Now, the reason I ask is, if in fact a headache occurs, is there a scientific explanation or at least a theory as to why this is happening? Perhaps the effect is related to a specific video driver, or a specific refresh rate/display type. It would be interesting to get to the bottom of this.

11. Kylie Kinslayer

Well for me it is a dizziness, nauseated and frontal headache. I do use the EC on occasion, for example like shopping at a vendor who has stocked with the EC or if there is something in my pack that I just can not find at all. I do like how the packs and chests do in EC or when I really need to zoom in and do something. The graphics just mess with me, it's like my eyes can't focus on it for some reason. Have had an in depth eye exam done along with neuro because I have that problem other times as well etc and everything checks out normally *shrugs*

Lord Frodo likes this.
  12. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting, and thanks for the thoughtful response. By any chance have you tried the EC on a computer with a different video card or different monitor?

13. Kylie Kinslayer

You are welcome. Different monitor, yes definitely. A few different ones. Only 2 different video cards, same effect.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  14. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

second on the headache. I get one too.

I know why you want to use this macro.... buwhwahahahaha

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  15. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Kylie should defintely try running Pinco's "EC Profile Manager" and click the fix zoom button / save profile so that you get pixel-perfect graphics. Unless you have already done so.

16. Kylie Kinslayer

Have not heard about that, will give it a shot. Thanks.

17. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  18. Kylie Kinslayer

Yeah, that looks like everything is "softer" or something... not as hard on my eyes. I appreciate the heads up.

19. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Slightly off topic, but I'm really curious. what on earth do you use stone boots for? Can't move, can't cast, can't do anything while wearing them?

20. HP_Zoro_HP

HP_Zoro_HP Seasoned Veteran

Stone form boots are used for Navery when the spider webs you and you cannot move... Equipt and Unequipt the stone boots to free yourself... The OP could be refering to something else but that is one thign tha tthey are used for.

21. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

If you get webbed by Navrey you can equip the stone boots/shoes and then you become un-webbed.

Here is my macro but sorry, its EC

[​IMG]

Winker likes this.
  22. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

This really, really bugs me! I agree 100% with you here. The default setup looks terrible. I don't understand why they have the "default zoom level" set to some horrible zoom level. I added a suggestion in the tweaks and suggestions about this before. They should make it so when you hit the * key to reset the zoom, it should be set to the same zoom level as the classic client. This way everything looks correct (scenery wise).

The Zog historian and kongomongo like this.
  23. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master

Absolutely!