1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Question About an Old Cloak

Discussion in 'UHall' started by lankdogg03, Oct 31, 2010.

1. lankdogg03

lankdogg03 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 5, 2008
    I picked up an old cloak today with 50+ bless charges on it. It also has has plus 10 to each stat. I was thinking once the bless charges are gone that it probably loses the stat bonuses as well. Can anybody tell me for sure?
  2. The bless charges will be used up each time you put it on,but the stat bonuses are there for good.
  3. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 21, 2008
    It used to be like this, but it was patched later, and once the bless charges are gone, so is the stat bonuses. AFAIK.
  4. When? What patch made this happen? :(
  5. canary

canary Guest

lol they fixed it in like 03 or 04.
  6. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    The old Bless attribute IS the +10 to each stat. A charge gets used up each time you wear the item AND charges get used while you're wearing the item. When the charges are gone you are left with a plain cloak with just a fancy title on it.
  7. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
  8. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    I had earrings like this with high stat bonuses, Put them on a character, Next day the stats had gone. So I don't know if the cloak is safe, But I'd be cautious.
  9. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Yep, this is the way they work.

No, they don't disappear. You would have a cloak with Bless: 0 charges.

Each charge lasts 1 minute. If you are still wearing the item, it will automatically use up another charge and continue the blessing on you (+10 each stat). If you wear the item long enough, all the charges will get used up.

Once you take the item off, you lose the stat bonuses. It does not last the full minute if you take it off.

There were lots of different kinds of items that could have this "Bless" feature on. I've seen rings, bracelets, earrings, leather and studded leather sleeves, boots of several kinds, cloaks, sashes, and I think studded legs and some kind of hats. Enough to think that many wearables had a chance to have this property.