1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Bard Archers...

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Anderuin, May 16, 2009.

1. Anderuin

Anderuin Guest

I was wondering what skills I should go with for a Bard Archer? I was thinking along the lines of.....

Archery
    Tactics
    Chivalry
    Music
    Provocation
    Resist

Does anyone think this would be possible? I would like music and prov so I can solo more stuff easily. And I would like to keep resist seeing how I have worked it up into the 70's. This will mainly be used for PVM of course.

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It's possible.

Discord would make things easier in the long run than provoke. The ideal solo bard would have both.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I've been considering starting a bard/archer. If I do, he'd probably look something like this:

120 archery
    120 tactics
    120 music
    120 provoke
    120 disco
    75 chiv
    40 med

4. Anderuin

Anderuin Guest

How well does Disco work? I've never once used it, not even on a regular bard template.

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I think you'll find that many more difficult creatures (e.g., greater dragons) cannot be peaced/provoked w/o first discoing them.

6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would go with Syrus's template. You can always discord something but not all time will there be something to provo. You can always have 120 peace on a soulstone and just swap out skills to match what your planning on fighting. There is always the test shard to see how big a difference disco makes.