1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about barkeeps, etc. in the Sosarian wilderness

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by gortman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

As I was roaming the countryside this weekend, every so often I would enter a clearing and see a barkeep or other NPC standing there. Were they once vendors at a house that collapsed? If so, will they eventually walk away or vanish? I'm guessing if someone tried to place a house over top of them, it wouldn't work. Is that right?

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

if you test place a house over a barkeep he moves to the front of the placement... we just tried this a week or so ago... they don't poof, I think to get rid of them you need to page a GM

as for different types, GM or EM (from long ago), I don't know if they'll move or block placement.... we've had Holden the Sentry in front of the guild house for as long as I can remember, but he's in a spot where a house would not touch, so no way to test it

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info!