1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Barrels

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Phaen Grey, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Crafted barrels are tiny, knee high objects. Where do you get the tall/full barrels for storage or putting water in?

2. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think those are fished up aren't they?

3. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can't verify anything about the fishing. But the un-lidded barrels pop with the gypsies and inside of dungeons. The lidded barrels are um, I was told a steal-able in Doom? And its been a while...but the barrels that are cut in half, well, there used to be a trick where you would have to find one in game, anywhere really, pour a pitcher of water into it, and then for some reason you could simply pick it up and walk off with it.

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I may be wrong, but I think you're referring to kegs. Last I knew full size barrels were craftable by tinkers.

[Edit]
    Nope, not craftable at all. I was thinking of kegs.

5. You can only get them by an old trick that most of us who've been playing for years know, but almost everyone in the roleplaying guilds know because it's a popular way to be punished in character, making someone build a wall of water barrels. You go to cities with docks and fishers guilds, (Britain and Trinsic have the most), and you take a pitcher of water, and an empty pitcher. If a barrel has water in it, use the empty pitcher on it, put the water back in the pitcher, then take it out. You can now pick up the barrel. If the barrel is empty, pour the one pitcher of water in, then empty it again. You can now pick up the barrel.
    Enjoy!

6. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I was wrong they seem to be daily rares.

7. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for the replies, I got a pm letting me know I can also find them on docks. So if you are wondering what happened to the water barrels on the Skara Docks.... it wasn't me *whistles innocently*

8. Corvak

Corvak Guest

.... ..... Totally not going to go barrel stealin' tonight. Really.

9. Mark Knotts

Mark Knotts Guest

This is also how you get empty tubs (looks like an empty dye tub, can be used as a container). I believe they're found at stables.