1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about blocking monsters

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Otis Leroy Funk, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otis Leroy Funk

Otis Leroy Funk Journeyman

Is it legal to put bag balls in doorways or all around a monster to keep it from being able to do damage to you?

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

No... it is not legal.

3. Otis Leroy Funk

Otis Leroy Funk Journeyman

So if I came across people doing this and they get mad if I move them so I could move freely I could ask for the help of a GM to rectify the situation?

4. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yep, a GM should be able to solve the problem...i would avoid disucssion with the peeps using this illegal game mechanic - you know what i mean...and copy your journals text ;)

5. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Move the bag balls so it forms a direct path for said monster to said player.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  6. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Better not do that - you know why

7. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

what about taming relasing pets in stuck location like trees or others ? is this legal ?

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

no

9. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So if I tame a unicorn and teleport in betwen 2 trees ( stuck location ) and release the unicorn there, this is considered illegal? So would all the stuck locations need to be fixed or what?

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

purposely causing a creature to be stuck and unable to get to you is illegal its no different then taming them and sticking them in your house in a pen where they can not get to you its considered a no no...I dont make the rules.

11. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

OK and what about blocking house resizing with blood patch created by fighting its own horse inside Luna House Area, that hapenned the other weekend and a GM told me it was legal to use that game mechanics ? Wtf ? This is legal but tis illegal to tame/release pets in stuck locations, challenge that !

#11 Quickblade, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  12. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Poeple loose their LUNA houses by block griefs and its ok its normal... but poeple die and loose little money insurance by blocked monsters and THIS IS ILLEGAL . This is what your telling me Storm ?

13. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Even I, a huge troll, fail to see the point of trolling this thread. If you tame a pet and release it such that it is stuck and you use that to your advantage you are risking trouble, not that a GM will show up but the risk is there all the same.

If you are resizing your house in luna and the plot is gone any random person could show up and train with a horse, if this blocks your plot such is life. I don't want to say that you should have planned your resizing better...

14. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

But i mean why the blood block house creation ? Cant they make it so it doesnt block ? Just like any other things in the house creation path like Gates or Fields or poeple and pets.. to me it is as Illegal as the crates on purpose since the blood spreaders did it on purpose to steal me the house .. Why do you think griefers took the blood patch way to block my house and not the gates or fields ? because the fields and gate was fixed long ago to stop blocking houses creation and not the blood. So griefers take what is left and not fixed and this should be considered illegal !

#14 Quickblade, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  15. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

You Sire are trying to find out something in the "grey-zone" of game-mechanics to use?
    *shakes head*
    You shallst not wake up Granny P or the Kelmo...
    All i say...

16. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It is illegal. You have your answer. This thread is done.

Bazer and Lord Frodo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.