1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Question about boats....

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by startle, Sep 19, 2012.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Ok, so my fishing person is presently adding to my carpel tunnel catching lobsters/crabs from his rowboat while he gains to his 110 current max. Once that is complete I'm going to begin doing (from what I've read here so far) a jillion quests in an attempt to obtain a 120 PS. My question is: Is there any reason why I should break out my giant Galleon to do the quests or is an old-fashioned dragon ship just as good for quests?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Under no circumstances should you use a classic ship for quests - you get quest size limits because of boat size.

That said, you don't HAVE to be on your big ship to fish - it just needs to be the only one in the water for you when you get and redeem the quests. You can fish off the shore, off docks, off other people's boats, etc.

The Tokuno ship is supposed to act as a +1 bonus to fishing when you're on it, much like how enhanced bandages give an invisible +10 to healing checks (up to your cap).

3. startle

Thx Basara for the clarification. When you say that the "quest size limits because of boat size", does that mean that I will get "better" fishing quests by using my Brittania ship than if I use my Orc Ship?

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

no, just that the good quests will only go to ships with large holds. After all, a classis ship has a 400 stone hold, which would only hold quests for 35 or less fish (because the weight of the quest crate).

5. startle

Ahhhh.... Got it! Thx...