1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about bonding

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by soveren, Jan 6, 2009.

1. soveren

soveren Guest

Just want to know is it true that if u will feed pet while he's bonding, he's bonding timer is reseting and i need to wait 7 days again?

2. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

It's not susposed to and i've never had it happen but stuff happens.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If your skill level drops below what is required to bond your pet and you feed it, then the bonding timer resets to 0.

There have also been reports of the bonding process not starting properly or finishing properly, which resulted in multiple weeks before bonding. But I haven't heard any of that in months (hoping it was fixed).

4. soveren

soveren Guest

I asked because i feeded my pet 8 days ago and stable him, 6 days after i claim him, feed and stable again, now 8 days past and he's still not bonded.

5. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Unless something has changed, I'm fairly certain that feeding a pet doesn't reset the bonding timer. I've have several pets that I've feed, thrown in the stables and a week later taken them out and feed again, and they not bond, so I put them back in and take them out the next day, feed them and have them bond.

What is your taming and lore at (natural and with jewels) and what are you trying to bond. Some pets can be difficult at times. I know a person who once had a pet 3 months before it finally bonded.

6. soveren

soveren Guest

my taming is higher then 105 and animal lore is 115 so i don't think it's a problem.

7. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I play on Legends, and all my pets on that shard have bonded fine. But before I transfered to Legends I played on Europa. When I first started playing, about four years ago, I had a newb tamer with a pink forest ostard. To this day it still will not bond. I feed it every once and again to see if it will ever bond. I guess its not gunna though. What kind of pet are you trying to bond?

8. soveren

soveren Guest

Cu-Sidhe, nothing special, my greater dragon bonded with no problem, but this cu don't want to bond, don't know what to do...

9. Are you at the limit of the scrolls on taming and lore. I had the same trouble. Was told to use jewelry to max the scrolls seems to do it for some reason. At least it worked for me on a Dread War Horse.