1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Question about Bonsai plants

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Assia Penryn, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I remember the bonsai when grown said common, uncommon, rare, exotic, etc. Now I'm seeing them on vendors as simply "a decorative plain bonsai tree" with all the different graphics. Can they still be grown the first way or are those plants with the titles like exceptional and exotic considered prepatch now?

Thanks in advance for any assistance and knowledge you are able to provide. :grouphug:

#1 Assia Penryn, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Anyone grow any of these recently?

3. Varingian

Varingian Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

Sorry you have not gotten an answer....I grow a lot of plants but I am yet to tackle the bonsai so I can offer no advice here. The bonsai plants just never appealed to me.

4. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks for responding at least. If they no longer can be grown that way, I just wanted to save some and share that with those who collect plants and such.

5. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

Sorry I haven't responded earlier. My computer died so I can't check my bonsai. Are the bonsai the colored ones? When we got those it might have changed the labels . I'll check as soon as I can get back on.
    Posted from my ipad

6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It is nowadays possible to get bonsai seeds from plant crossing. If you grow up bonsais from looted bonsai seeds, those should still have the 'old' labels.